GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wasn’t paying attention and parked…THIS close….
IMG_5738.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't know how the hell you managed that. Did you fall asleep at the wheel for a few seconds?
yeah I'm usually anal about it, but my mind was elsewhere obviously. Daughter was sick and we had to go pick her up, so I wasn't even paying attention.....idiot mistake

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Proof that chunky tires save lives. Hope your kiddo gets better soon.
lol thanks....I'm surprised with the DSWs and how "round" they are, of how much rim protection they give

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
lol thanks....I'm surprised with the DSWs and how "round" they are, of how much rim protection they give
I'm on DSW06+ as well on two of the Mazdas, and they've been impressive so far in terms of being reliable in poor weather. I can't say they never lose grip, but it's been fairly predictable in my experience and easy enough to recover. I thought about them for the GTI as well, but I'm thinking that it's sole purpose in life is to be a fun car, it'll just get Falken 615s so that it can just do fun car things. How do you like the DWS with all that power? Or are you running a different tire for when it's time to party?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm on DSW06+ as well on two of the Mazdas, and they've been impressive so far in terms of being reliable in poor weather. I can't say they never lose grip, but it's been fairly predictable in my experience and easy enough to recover. I thought about them for the GTI as well, but I'm thinking that it's sole purpose in life is to be a fun car, it'll just get Falken 615s so that it can just do fun car things. How do you like the DWS with all that power? Or are you running a different tire for when it's time to party?
love them hand over foot over PS4s ....so far, it's been friggin raining and damp the whole time I've had everything put together, so haven't been able to do a good run/log on dry roads. So far though, they're great.....as for a separate tire......next time I may move away from an all season and ditch snow capability....haven't needed it in past 2 years.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
And held your breath as you later pulled away? That's frightening and impressive.
I did take a minute before I left to understand the angle of egress and speed, the "don't turn the wheel" feeling was in full effect lol