GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Based on the pin out your explanation seems like it should work. Did you physically check the rear of your head unit to ensure you had those pins? If you have them, then you should verify long coding and adapting maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-134730_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111-134730_Samsung Internet.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
Yes i checked and my headunit has the pinouts. It may be an adaptation - long coding issue. If anyone has a tip to start would be nice. Otherwise i will do a long coding session during the weekend.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Yes i checked and my headunit has the pinouts. It may be an adaptation - long coding issue. If anyone has a tip to start would be nice. Otherwise i will do a long coding session during the weekend.
I just looked at the pin out on my head unit and found i have heated seat for driver but not passenger. 😄 🤣 haha

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I just looked at the pin out on my head unit and found i have heated seat for driver but not passenger. 😄 🤣 haha
If you're basing that on the diagram you attached above, it's wrong.

Heated seats run via the BCM. The Climatronic panel only sends a CAN command to the BCM. The diagram you attached above is very old and not for the Mk7.

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
That sounds strange!

Heated seats run via the BCM. The Climatronic panel only sends a CAN command to the BCM. The diagram you attached above is very old and not for the Mk7.
Based on this diagram i am trying to troubleshoot my issue as well. @IWMTom Do you may have an actual wiring diagram from Golf MK7.

Last edited:

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
I struggled to find instructions for the Climatronic upgrade to go from the basic heater controls to the Climatronic (dual control), so decided to make my own How-To.

This is a fairly simple install, BUT you have to remove some dashboard stuff and it's not particularly difficult, it looks a mess but to try and do it any other way is just stressful and I wasted at least 2 hours trying to fiddle cables in where they didn't want to go. So;

You need to buy a replacement heater control panel AND it must come with the adapter cable, and 2x replacement air temperature sensors G150 and G192. You can't simply get a control panel from a dual zone car and plug it in, expecting it to work. I bought mine from Aliexpress, it took a couple of weeks to arrive, looks genuine (not sure if it is) and the quality seems spot on. The instructions seem to be in chinese, but you don't really need them.
The one I bought was this;
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000959269245.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6f4f4c4d9AoeWQ
View attachment 189516

Step 1, remove the side panels, they simply pop out, use panel removal tools if available, or something like a screwdriver if you don't have panel tools. There's another piece of trim that follwos the shape of the door shut in front, remove that too. This picture shows the position of the thermal sensor as installed, you won't have this, instead there will be a rubber bung pressed into the hole.
View attachment 189514

Pop out the heater vent by pushing on it from the back,
View attachment 189518

Remove the existing heater panel trim by first opening the cubby at the bottom and pulling up on the trim from the lower edge, it will pop off. Next remove the panel around the infotainment unit and upper vents, again it's just clipped in place, but be careful not to snap any clips or the panel itself, ease it away with a trim tool all the way around. Sorry this pic shows multiple steps complete but you get the idea...
View attachment 189525

Remove the infotainment screen, small metal clips top and bottom just need to be pushed to the side and it will just fall out. a small terminal screwdriver is ideal here. The heater panel also comes out by pulling on 4x 'mushroom' topped clips that pull towards you and then stop, this releases the panel when they are all pulled out. Don't pull so hard that they snap out.
View attachment 189521View attachment 189522

Remove the trim below the cluster, pulls towards the driver and unclips, but won't come out all the way. Drop the steering wheel as far down as possible and lock it into place. Remove the 2x T20 Torx screws that are visible behind.
View attachment 189519

Remove the cluster by pulling towards you. Again this just clips out, but is attached by a cable, you can get this far enough forward to get your hand behind it for the cable install, but if you want to remove it completely then disconnect the battery to be safe.
View attachment 189520

Part 2 to follow...
Friend, congratulations on the post. My golf mk7.5 has manual air. Can I do this installation? Change the Manual to climatronic?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Friend, congratulations on the post. My golf mk7.5 has manual air. Can I do this installation? Change the Manual to climatronic?

Yes, that's what this entire thread is about doing.

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
Guys i tried to continue the investigation today for the footwell sensor and i cant figure out why i have the behaviour i describe in previous post (2 sensors - 3 temps) so i will just live with that.

But now i have a more serious problem which come out of nowhere. I noticed that the blower kept been on even when the ignition was off and the car locked. I tried to recalibrate flaps and AC sync but nothing worked. Also followed all steps in post #137.
I still have 2 Climatronic panel (one simple - one with headed seats) so i thought i try the second one i never used with this car. Same behaviour.
I then connected my stock non climatronic panel and everything works as expected.

Did any of you had similar issues in the past? Blower staying on after ignition off and car lock (waited 5 minutes and was still on). Also i can regulate the fan speed when AC is on.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'

No I physically looked at the pins in my BCM.