GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Leozyo

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
Hello guys , i completed the retrofit today as well. I can confirm i have the same errors. My kit had the 2 straight sensors which i placed on right - left vents as described in OP. Flap sync with button combination worked, AC sync didn't but i will try again other combinations i read here. In the meantime i would like to clarify some questions:

1. I am interested to add a 3rd sensor for footwell (part number 5Q0907543) and route the cable to 16 pin connector 880/10 pin 8. Has anyone already did this modification and if yes has this improved the functionality of this retrofit?

2. My menu is also appearing without any coding but i am not able to perform any changes through the screen. Do you have similar issues? For example if i press SYNC on the panel i see the change in the monitor. But when i press SYNC on the monitor nothing happens.

3. On the RHD cars does the menu image have the steering wheel on the right hand side? I also have the issue with the sync button. Even after changing the option to RHD on the newly installed panel when the temperatures are different and i select SYNC the "master temp" is on the left side. Since i drive RHD car i would prefer the opposite.
Not that i know if it would've made a difference, but what panel version do you have? Do you have the chinese version with "clean air" or the version with "MAX AC" ?

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
Not that i know if it would've made a difference, but what panel version do you have? Do you have the chinese version with "clean air" or the version with "MAX AC" ?
No i bought only the wiring harness from China and a used EU panel (from LHD car) with heated seats buttons and the "MAX AC" function. The cost of adding the extra sensor is very low. But if that doesn't make any difference I want to avoid the hassle.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Hello guys , i completed the retrofit today as well. I can confirm i have the same errors. My kit had the 2 straight sensors which i placed on right - left vents as described in OP. Flap sync with button combination worked, AC sync didn't but i will try again other combinations i read here. In the meantime i would like to clarify some questions:

1. I am interested to add a 3rd sensor for footwell (part number 5Q0907543) and route the cable to 16 pin connector 880/10 pin 8. Has anyone already did this modification and if yes has this improved the functionality of this retrofit?

2. My menu is also appearing without any coding but i am not able to perform any changes through the screen. Do you have similar issues? For example if i press SYNC on the panel i see the change in the monitor. But when i press SYNC on the monitor nothing happens.

3. On the RHD cars does the menu image have the steering wheel on the right hand side? I also have the issue with the sync button. Even after changing the option to RHD on the newly installed panel when the temperatures are different and i select SYNC the "master temp" is on the left side. Since i drive RHD car i would prefer the opposite.

I placed one sensor in passenger vent and other sensor in footwell. That is how they are marked (G150 and G192). Understood the OP did it different, but most of us corrected that in thread.

I did have to read the entire thread forward and backward to understand placement of the temperature sensors. Thanks to you, IWMTom and Rollback50K (it takes a village) for clearing that up for me.

It may be helpful to include in original post a discussion of sensor placement. The straight temperature sensor G150 is a quarter twist type and goes in upper passenger vent end. G192 is 90° degree sensor and goes straight in to the drivers side manifold which is connected to footwell vent. The footwell vent is the piece that looks like a manifold and the piece it connects to is where the sensor goes on the top where there is flat spot. The flat spot may have a plug for inserting temperature sensor or may need to be drilled to accommodate.

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
I placed one sensor in passenger vent and other sensor in footwell. That is how they are marked (G150 and G192). Understood the OP did it different, but most of us corrected that in thread.
@George Ab i wanted to do the same but my wiring harness has only straight sensors (not one straight and one 90 degree sensor). So i thought i will stick with the OP setup and see if it is possible to buy the 90 degree sensor and place it as an extra 3rd sensor if that make sense.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
@George Ab i wanted to do the same but my wiring harness has only straight sensors (not one straight and one 90 degree sensor). So i thought i will stick with the OP setup and see if it is possible to buy the 90 degree sensor and place it as an extra 3rd sensor if that make sense.

Mine too came with the straight connectors. I reported back that it fit fine in footwell somewhere in this thread. Found it here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ions-and-pictures.379148/page-14#post-7559255 My kit came with a bare minimum schematic (posted here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tions-and-pictures.379148/page-6#post-7534680) which showed G192 and G150. When you go to the car's schematics or component locations the G192 sensor is a footwell sensor and G150 is a vent sensor. By placing one in footwell and one in vent the climatronic can make appropriate decisions for routing hot air. When they are on side vents I believe it is more for the individual passenger and driver zone which we do not have as they have to be synced since we do not have the climatronic II heater box. I am sure it will be fine as is, but if you ever get bored and need a project you may consider moving the G192 sensor to the footwell as the climatronic believes that is where the temperature is being reported from and making decisions on. You may get better heat distribution on sunny days where it is warmer up top.

Attachments

• G192 component location.png
    G192 component location.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 627
  • G150 sensor location.png
    G150 sensor location.png
    432 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
Mine too came with the straight connectors. I reported back that it fit fine in footwell somewhere in this thread. My kit came with a bare minimum schematic (posted here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tions-and-pictures.379148/page-6#post-7534680) which showed G192 and G150. When you go to the car's schematics or component locations the G192 sensor is a footwell sensor and G150 is a vent sensor. By placing one in footwell and one in vent the climatronic can make appropriate decisions for routing hot air. When they are on side vents I believe it is more for the individual passenger and driver zone which we do not have as they have to be synced since we do not have the climatronic II heater box. I am sure it will be fine as is, but if you ever get bored and need a project you may consider moving the G192 sensor to the footwell as the climatronic believes that is where the temperature is being reported from and making decisions on. You may get better heat distribution on sunny days where it is warmer up top.
Thanks for the detailed reply @George Ab. Since it is a Sunday i will try to move the straight sensor in the footwell area just to be on the safe side.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
so i have done this mod and i am attempting to continue this conversion past the basic aliexpress kit, i have bought the us mk7 golf Air quality sensor and also the sunlight sensor, sadly the chinese part will not communicate with the US parts properly so i will need to purchase the US climatronic headunit. the question i have is for the Sun Light Monitoring Sensor Unit 5G0907451C has three cables coming from it, which wire goes where based on the diagram it doesnt say based on ground, power, and signal

Attachments

• clima 20 pin plug.png
    clima 20 pin plug.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 272

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I see 4 wires for the sunlight sensor in this drawing... pin 2 being a common ground that is shared with the left (G150) & right (G151) vent temp sensors , and should already be wired to pin 17 of that 20 pin connector. My understanding is with this retrofit you only have one vent temp sensor but it'll still be wired to pin 17 so you'll have to tie into it. Then you've got your 3 direct wires between J255 and G107.
Snip.JPG
Snip 2.JPG

Last edited:

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I see 4 wires for the sunlight sensor in this drawing... pin 2 being a common ground that is shared with the left (G150) & right (G151) vent temp sensors , and should already be wired to pin 17 of that 20 pin connector. My understanding is with this retrofit you only have one vent temp sensor but it'll still be wired to pin 17 so you'll have to tie into it. Then you've got your 3 direct wires between J255 and G107.
View attachment 203675View attachment 203676
you are correct, four counting ground THANK YOU!

Attachments

• s-l16020.jpg
    s-l16020.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 175

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
@carbon_gecko did you completed the sunlight sensor installation. Any noticeable difference?
no the only difference is the fact its there now currently. the weather here is not conducive to it currently. i have the lower footwell temperature sensors in bound as well. once it gets hotter here it should allow for finer fan control when the unit is in AUTO mode.

mariosmax

Car(s)
Golf 7 2015 1.2 TSI
no the only difference is the fact its there now currently. the weather here is not conducive to it currently. i have the lower footwell temperature sensors in bound as well. once it gets hotter here it should allow for finer fan control when the unit is in AUTO mode.
Sounds good @carbon_gecko.

Guys i am facing following issue if anyone can help is more than welcome. So i retrofitted the climatronic with a used EU climatronic panel with the aliexpress harness. My problem is that although my cabling seems to be correct (i triple checked it yesterday), as delivered the harness "reads" the left vent temperature and outputs the same value for both left vent and footwell. The second sensor is not reading anything (pic 1). I swapped the sensors to check if the 2nd one is faulty but it's fine. I removed the right sensor and the values for left and footwell stayed the same. So i tracked the cables. The "working" one is the one that goes to pin 13 (left vent) and pin 17 (signal ground) on the 20 pin connector.

The second sensor was already pinned to pins 8 (left footwell vent) and pin 14 (signal ground) on the 16pin connector (No. 880/10) as shown in previous posts. I noticed that there are 2 cables connected to pin 14 (pic 2). One goes directly to sensor and the second goes to pin14 on cars stock plug.

I tried following scenarios in order to isolate the issue without success.
1. short pins 13+14 (left and right vent) on 20 pin connector in order to read one temperature but the temperature value wasn't correct (4 Celcius instead of 20).
2. Removed pin8 from 16pin connector to see from which sensor the footwell temperature value comes but i was still getting the temp from left vent.
3. Removed the signal ground pin 14 from 16pin connector and in this case the footwell temp value was 0 (instead of 85)
4. Remove pin8 (16pin connector) and pinned it to pin14 (right vent-20pin connector) and also removed from pin14 (signal ground-16pin connector) and pinned to 17(signal ground-20pin connector).
In this case i get a value from the sensor very close to the other sensor but the footwell keeps giving me a value. (pic 3).

Has anyone faced this issue before? Normally i just had to reallocate one sensor (connected to 16pin connector) to footwell but as you can see it already has a value from unknown source.
Somehow my harness gets the temp value for left and footwell from ONE SENSOR !!!!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    488.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    695.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    600.9 KB · Views: 251