GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I’m half way through the process. Got the driver side (upper vent sensor) fitted fine but I can’t locate the footwell slot for the sensor. I see the passenger upper vent sensor slot but my sensor won’t fit because of the 90* angle the connector has.

thoughts or suggestions? (I’ve been going through the thread over and over to see if I’m missing where the location is for it but can’t seem to find it)

thanks in advance!
Are both of your sensors identical? You won't get one into the footwell if so.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I’m half way through the process. Got the driver side (upper vent sensor) fitted fine but I can’t locate the footwell slot for the sensor. I see the passenger upper vent sensor slot but my sensor won’t fit because of the 90* angle the connector has.

thoughts or suggestions? (I’ve been going through the thread over and over to see if I’m missing where the location is for it but can’t seem to find it)

thanks in advance!

Bust out a drill.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Are both of your sensors identical? You won't get one into the footwell if so.
No, one is straight and the other is 90*. The straight sensor has a frame around the green board part of the sensor. (Fwiw) The 90* sensor is bare green board part of the sensor.
Bust out a drill.
Haha! I honestly kinda wish my drill wasn’t in storage because I would have done it lol.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
No, one is straight and the other is 90*. The straight sensor has a frame around the green board part of the sensor. (Fwiw) The 90* sensor is bare green board part of the sensor.

Haha! I honestly kinda wish my drill wasn’t in storage because I would have done it lol.
Okay so they have indeed sent you a footwell sensor. Great!

Not too long ago in the thread I attached a snippet of the workshop manual explaining where the sensor goes.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Okay so they have indeed sent you a footwell sensor. Great!

Not too long ago in the thread I attached a snippet of the workshop manual explaining where the sensor goes.
Right I was trying to use that and thank you for providing it but I couldn’t locate it. Maybe it was because I was determined to find it without using the image lol. I’m going to give it another shot. (Images are for RHD I think, my cars LHD). I’ll update shortly.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Right I was trying to use that and thank you for providing it but I couldn’t locate it. Maybe it was because I was determined to find it without using the image lol. I’m going to give it another shot. (Images are for RHD I think, my cars LHD). I’ll update shortly.
It covers both LHD and RHD.

You are looking at the driver side footwell, yes?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
It covers both LHD and RHD.

You are looking at the driver side footwell, yes?
Correct, I was scrambling through it back and forth. I think I figured it out! And yeah, driver side footwell (I’m guessing nothing get ran to the passenger side if using the AliExpress kit which only includes 2 sensors then right?)

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
There isn't a passenger side footwell sensor even from factory.
I dunno what to say. I’m looking at the picture and trying to compare it with what I’m seeing under my dash but can’t find where to pop the sensor into :/

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Have you removed the airbag and vent ducting?
Yes
74DB8717-55B0-403B-98A9-4E86EC4A7A68.jpeg