GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Where does the footwell sensor go. Anyone have a picture?
This is the best I can find for you, from the official workshop manual.

6E13697F-041F-4C03-A08E-81869C01C43F.png
75C0FE0D-D231-4F6E-B1BD-2491F59D01C1.png

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
IWMTom thanks for those picutres, I was going to ask the same question to everyone but I've been too busy with work to get on with this.

Looks like you have to disassemple half of the car to get to the sensor location, I think I'll just be trying to put mine somewhere in the duct closer to the footwell, probably just drill a hole and poke a sensor through.

Certainly looks like the provided G192 isn't the same as the one in the manual, so I have to assume that the sellers have gotten the wrong end of the stick and provided 2x sensors intending them to go in to the upper ducts.

Dave971

Is there any difference between the sensors besides one has a right angle attachment? They read the same ?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Knowing VAG, probably a big difference.

One reads Celsius, one reads Fahrenheit, and one reads Kelvin. Unfortunately, the right angle one reads Kelvin.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Is there any difference between the sensors besides one has a right angle attachment? They read the same ?
In all seriousness, they're probably all standard thermistors, but from past experience I've found that VW use different types in different places, i.e. 10Kohm for the upper vents, then maybe 4.7K for the lower vents etc.

I'm going to have a bit of a mess around with my spare panel tomorrow and find out.

Dave.

Dave971

Ok I guess my question is can I use the AliExpress kit with the 2 sensors for the upper and lower? Will it read OK?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
So I’m half way through the process. Got the driver side (upper vent sensor) fitted fine but I can’t locate the footwell slot for the sensor. I see the passenger upper vent sensor slot but my sensor won’t fit because of the 90* angle the connector has.

thoughts or suggestions? (I’ve been going through the thread over and over to see if I’m missing where the location is for it but can’t seem to find it)

thanks in advance!