My old version of Vag-Com doesn't recognise this clima unit, there's no '.ROD' file assosciated with it, which is a shame as you can't view/check the functions, and the stuff you have access to doesn't have any descriptions, long-coding DOES work but again there's no descriptions so you're sort of flying blind. If anyone has a solution to this I'd love to hear from you.
Ok, so I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with this thing. I found the diagrams for the MK6 Climatronic system, which appears to have the same connectors and pinout as the MK7.
I checked the pin reassignments on the connector that adapts the MK7 climatic to Climatronic and learned the following.
1) Climatronic has 5 flap motors, Climatic has 3. The missing ones are Right temperature flap and 'Defroster flap'.
2) The climatronic has inputs for the left and right sunlight sensors but these are missing.
3) Neither the Aliexpress or Genuine used panels have pins 2 or 4 populated on main connector A, meaning they don't have inputs for 'high pressure sensor' or 'Air quality'.
4) Pin 16 on Connector A is populated on all panels and has a blue wire going to the harness, but this isn't marked on the diagrams, don't know what this wire is.
5) On the adapter harness that goes from 1x to 2x 16 pin plugs, the flying lead IS NOT AN UPPER VENT TEMPERATURE SENSOR, its in fact for the LEFT FOOTWELL VENT, even though it says on the diagram provided (in chinese, thanks google translate) that it is for the upper vent.
6) Because of 5), there will be error codes for missing RHS Footwell and RHS Vent temperature.
I'll continue to work on this.
Dude, I'm be following closely. This is a great thread. Your efforts are very much appreciated.
I'm going to have to call a bit of a pause to this "Success" at the minute for a few reasons.
Main issue (won't be an issue for many) the Start-Stop function doesn't work, even if you turn OFF A/C then the MFD display still shows A/C as active. I don't like S-S but I'd prefer to be able to use it if possible.
1) My copy of VCDS can't find a ROD file for the chinese clima panel.
2) So I bought a Genuine used MK7 panel, fitted it, while it now finds the ROD file it can't list fault codes.
3) New panel adapts flaps fine, but won't perform A/C compressor run-in, either from VCDS or front panel.
4) Checked VCDS and found the RHS vent temperature sensor is reading 85*c.
I swapped sensors, no change in the reading. I buzzed out the cables from the plugs and found no change. I even checked the grounds in the back of the plugs, and the signal pins on the panel both have the same resistance etc. Everything seems to be wired right, but I'm just not getting the any temperature reading for the RHS sensor.
I'm going to continue to try and figure it out, once I find out more I'll put up another post.