GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Martin, no worries, thanks for that. I guess it's a MIB2 thing as that's what I have. Must only activate when there's a Climatronic unit on the convenience canbus.

As for the pinouts, I've just located them, just be aware one of the 16 pin ones has the wrong picture of the plug, the locating lug that sticks up at the left should be on the right on one of them. These pictures are from the MK6 but the Clima panel pinout etc is the same.

I've also obtained a Passat 8B sunlight sensor, which I've taken some readings from and have worked out what voltages it's putting out, I recon it's probably the same outputs that this Clima is expecting.

clima 20 pin plug.png
clima 16 pin plug B.png
clima 16 pin plug C.png

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
I'll save you some time. Go to page 1,836 of the PDF and you'll see the full pinouts for Plugs A, B, and C.
Well then I guess that’ll take care of that part lol. I’ll have to sign up for a pass of my own as a friend of mine sent me the wire diagram alone. (I didn’t want to ask him for the full thing)

Leozyo

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
I am VERY interested in trying this semi-retrofit. So,how many of you got it working in the end? I kinda got lost in this topic on how many of you got it working like it should (without dual zone and clean air) and others having problems. Also the almost identical profile pictures got me confused aswell haha.

Anyways, ill probally go for this retrofit aswel. Although ill be changing from MIB1 to MIB2 or MIB2.5 very soon aswell. not sure if thats going to add some headache to this retrofit..

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I am VERY interested in trying this semi-retrofit. So,how many of you got it working in the end? I kinda got lost in this topic on how many of you got it working like it should (without dual zone and clean air) and others having problems. Also the almost identical profile pictures got me confused aswell haha.

Anyways, ill probally go for this retrofit aswel. Although ill be changing from MIB1 to MIB2 or MIB2.5 very soon aswell. not sure if thats going to add some headache to this retrofit..
Yes, I got it working fine.

Changing your MIB won't affect anything.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There are 11 pages to this thread. Does the OP contain the latest information, or should I peruse the remaining posts to gather all the necessary info?

Just spend 15 minutes and read the whole thread. 11 pages isn't that much.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi

I'm the OP Leozyo, original kit working fine in my car.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Sweet, one more important thing; the windshield blower works as it should, so no fogged window? :p

Mine seems to work ok? With it set to Auto, on a couple of really cold days we've had so far the windscreen has started to fog but as soon as you press the demist button, or switch from auto to windscreen then the screen demists within seconds.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Dave, thanks for binging this to our attention and taking the time to put together a detailed write up. A couple years ago I attempted this retrofit studied schematics and parts list, but when I found out there was two different climatic boxes it was a non-starter. Now that I understand non-dual zone I can live with limitations as this is just "cool/hot" project. Kit is on order.

I did have to read the entire thread forward and backward to understand placement of the temperature sensors. Thanks to you, IWMTom and Rollback50K (it takes a village) for clearing that up for me.

It may be helpful to include in original post a discussion of sensor placement. The straight temperature sensor G150 is a quarter twist type and goes in upper passenger vent end. G192 is 90° degree sensor and goes straight in to the drivers side manifold which is connected to footwell vent. The footwell vent is the piece that looks like a manifold and the piece it connects to is where the sensor goes on the top where there is flat spot. The flat spot may have a plug for inserting temperature sensor or may need to be drilled to accommodate.

Original VW part numbers for temperature sensors are 5Q0-907-543 for lower footwell 90° G192 sensor and 1K0-907-543-E is the upper vent sensor.