GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 big turbo mpi dyno number/reliability

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
also seen a boss600 make 600whp on a built engine with e85 and a dvb2 turbo on e85 make 540awhp on a built engine as well.

Sorry just came into this thread. In what world does a BOSS600 make 600whp? I really don't think that that setup (the GTX 3071r with the CTS hotside) is capable of that kind of power. And 540 on a dbv2 hybrid? Are these on the same dyno? A very high reading dyno, if so

pieguy

Ready to race!
Sorry just came into this thread. In what world does a BOSS600 make 600whp? I really don't think that that setup (the GTX 3071r with the CTS hotside) is capable of that kind of power. And 540 on a dbv2 hybrid? Are these on the same dyno? A very high reading dyno, if so

Are you sure?

Stock engine did 521 whp on a dynojet. I'm at around 500whp on 33psi with full e85, stock engine.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
So I just got off scientific on this thing and broke out the vacuum pump, air compressor and voltmeter and tested the full range of the 4bar map sensor, with both a voltmeter and the actual car voltage reading from obdeleven. I'll post my full findings later on, as im not home right now but here is the jist of what i have determined.

I am at sea level and current barrometric pressure is 29.94.

minimum voltage .302 read
voltage where linearity starts .310 @ 20.3 inhg

max voltage 4.702 read
voltage where linearity starts
4.66 @ 45.6psi

Dont know if it will help at all, as it still is not within the needed range but i wanted to know what this thing was actually capable of reading.

Even worse than the scaling suggests. That's not even enough to cover idle under all conditions.

-- Ed

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

I meant boss700. It was on e75. But i think you’d be surprised what it could do with a p&p head and rpc intake manifold
Dvb2 dyno is on his instagram

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Are you sure?

Stock engine did 521 whp on a dynojet. I'm at around 500whp on 33psi with full e85, stock engine.

lol STP....

I did like 440 on IS38 on that dyno.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
There are a lot of fake 4bar sensors out there. We ran into quite a few issues with the BMW N54's till we managed to get a good supply of legit OEM sensors.

The factory calibration for the sensor shows that it doesn’t cover the full range of the engine.

— Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Mine came from aptuning appear to work ok bit will probably go to the 5bar

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RickyMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed

Yep that is where mine came from also. :( and they do seem to work "ok" but there is for sure a dead spot in them and they do not have the proper range to fully scale all ranges of vaccuum that are car can run into

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

Gary, you are running it on the throttle pipe. It is fine for that since it doesn't see vacuum.

They all work “ok” ;)

People are getting confused, he just meant on the throttle pipe :)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Gary, you are running it on the throttle pipe. It is fine for that since it doesn't see vacuum.

People are getting confused, he just meant on the throttle pipe :)

Yes. On the throttle pipe they’re fine. And at higher elevations they’re fine in the manifold. And at sea level many people might not notice the dead spot. It’s still not right to run it in the manifold ;)

— Ed

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
This is pretty interesting stuff about the 4BAR intake manifold sensor. I thought it was just an issue with Maestro but it's the sensor itself? I'm around 450ft above sea level, and I know exactly what "dead spot" you're talking about, Ed. Makes a slight "chop" in power when letting completely off the throttle for me, or right when you get on the throttle.