GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Battery Replacement

pcspike

Have been reading some threads relating to renewing a battery on the VW mk7 Golf with stop start and the fact that changing them is not the simple procedure of a simple swap as was possible with cars of the past.
The battery on my 2017 Golf GT is okay (at the moment) but as the end of the three warranty period is looming, this has got me thinking about such things and decided to get some information on the subject before the inevitable day arrives.
I should imagine that a VW dealership would charge me an arm and a leg for this service and I would like to opt for a cheaper option such as Halfords. That said, I don’t want to end up having problems.
I’m sure that I am not the first to encounter this situation and would appreciate some advice on how best to proceed. I’m sure that Halfords would have the required equipment and knowledge to do it but perhaps not.
Thanks

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I have heard of at leat two that have had their battery done at Halfords and they both said no coding was done as they would have to take it to a dealers and pay for it. I used an OBDEleven to code mine, maybe someone local with it or VCDS could code it for you for the price of a pint.