GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 ACC radar adjustment without calibration board

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
AFAIK, you need to place the calibration board in front of the vehicle (same way as with old MK7 radar), make sure that the board is aligned correctly with the vehicle, and then in basic settings let the radar know that there's a calibration board in front of it. radar will detect the board, calculate its position relative to the board. based on that radar will know where's the 0 angle direction.

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
Hi All, These past 3 years with my Golf I had to calibrate the radar 2 times because I kept getting a radar misaligned error every few months. I tried the tutorial from @mr-fix but I kept getting "Cancelled due to detected malfunction" . Yesterday I tried parking the car infront of a wall 1.2m apart. After that I tried the calibration with OBDeleven and it immediately worked again. I did not adjust the screws because the sensor was not moved. I haven't had any accident and nothing was done to the car.

Hope this helps.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All, These past 3 years with my Golf I had to calibrate the radar 2 times because I kept getting a radar misaligned error every few months. I tried the tutorial from @mr-fix but I kept getting "Cancelled due to detected malfunction" . Yesterday I tried parking the car infront of a wall 1.2m apart. After that I tried the calibration with OBDeleven and it immediately worked again. I did not adjust the screws because the sensor was not moved. I haven't had any accident and nothing was done to the car.

Hope this helps.

Interesting, so I guess the OPs suggestions only work if there is a wall in front of the vehicle? I don’t believe I had tried that when I had this issue, ended up going to dealer.

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
Yes, I tried it a thousand times before I went to my dealer. Then gave up but after it gave me the same error this week, I tried with a wall Infront it worked immediately. You will need to move the vehicle so that there is 1.2m between the face of the radar and wall.

Gretschster

Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
I have this module. I’ve tried 20103, 14117, 31347, 25327, 24085. My VCDS mobile is glitchy so I can’t tell if it’s accepting the codes but I just don’t see the setting above in Basic Setting. There’s a calibration option though, but it doesn’t work.
Any fruitful discoveries RE this Bluedoggiant? I'd like to recalibrate the ACC on my MK7 Golf R using an OBD11 and am having the exact same issue (i.e., I'm not seeing the seeing the same menu options from the tutorial above (e.g., no "Reset misalignment angle for sensors" option)).

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Any fruitful discoveries RE this Bluedoggiant? I'd like to recalibrate the ACC on my MK7 Golf R using an OBD11 and am having the exact same issue (i.e., I'm not seeing the seeing the same menu options from the tutorial above (e.g., no "Reset misalignment angle for sensors" option)).

Best to call around multiple dealers and stress you really just want the error to go away, if its possible, without going through a full calibration. May the best price win.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
any update? I'm gonna try to tackle this issue soon with OBD11, even if it costs me a stupid membership fee or whatever

Gretschster

Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
any update? I'm gonna try to tackle this issue soon with OBD11, even if it costs me a stupid membership fee or whatever
Apologies for the delay in checking back in on this strand.

So, back in early Nov of this year I ended up trying claytoncamilleri100's suggestion, above (i.e., using the "live data" to adjust my radar alignment to at least be under 0.8" misalignment, parking my Golf R in front of my white garage door with exactly 1.2m between the door and the face of the radar sensor and running the OBD11 module scan) and was able to clear the faults and get ACC working again. However, for the past couple of years (for reasons I still can't figure out - perhaps an exposed wire in the radar harness), my ACC tends to stop functioning for days (and sometimes indefinitely) after I drive in the rain (regardless of whether or not I tried to use ACC in the rain). That is exactly what happened in mid-Dec, requiring me to re-run claytoncamilleri100's process again.

Unfortunately, this process is still a bit baffling to me - this last time I had to rescan all of the modules, select "key off restart" (that might not be the exact name), and clear faults on the ACC module, all multiple times, before it cleared the fault(s). There's likely a more streamlined process of entry selections, but at this point I'm a bit like a monkey at a typewriter every time this issue comes up...

I hope this is helpful to y'all...

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I appreciate you taking the time to respond

all I need to know is that someone was able to do it on their own at least one time for me to have hope before I go to the dealer

as far as to why yours stops functioning in bad weather, sounds just like a dirty sensor maybe???

im not exactly looking to do a full recalibrate & reset, because I know nothing on my car has changed, I just need to clear this fault its just frustrating because I know I caused this error myself when doing a headlight install