- For MK7 only (radar in grill), not for MK7.5 (radar behind emblem).
- Fault C1103 00 - Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor - misadjusted in module 0x13, ACC/Front Assist error on the instrument cluster.
- Diagnostic tool like OBDeleven or VCDS
- 3.5mm socket
- white marker
Procedure (at your own risk)
- Connect with module
0x13and confirm that C1103 fault is present.
- Now go to Live Data and look for Misalignment angle oraz Misalignment angle, algorytm fast. Here you can check how far the radar is from the perfect position. Anything outside
0.8will cause the error from step one.
- Value below 0 means "radar too much to the right. Value above
0means "radar too much to the left".
- Remove radar cover. Grab it from the side and pull. There are two adjustment screws. The upper-left is responsible for the left-right positioning.
- Let WD-40 sit on the adjustment screw for a while.
- Use white marker to mark current screw position, so there's no confusion later on.
- Use 3.5mm socket to adjust the screw. One full turn will adjust the radar about 0.5 degree. If you had misalignment value below 0, and you need to move the radar to the left - rotate the screw clockwise.
Example: Misalignment angle:
-1.2requires about 2.5 turn clockwise.
- Back to diagnostic interface. Connect with module
0x13, Security Access, login:
14117; then Basic Settings, Reset misalignment angle for sensor; then clear faults, disconnect from the car.
- Test drive.
- After ~20 miles / ~30 kilometers (unless there's a ACC/Front Assist fault earlier) check new misalignment angle in Live Data and make required correction, reset basic settings, clear faults, test drive... Get as close to 0 as you can.