GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7/7.5 Badges (Where to buy?)

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Looking to buy gloss black aftermarket badges. Any reputable sellers?

I know Ebay, etc. but not trying to get goods from China (Corona)

Shopdap doesn't have them either. Any other vendors would be great!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Well for MK7 / 7.5? The front emblem is different of course. Or are you referring to the “GTI” badges?

If you’re talking emblems, I would order new from the dealership and paint / plastdip them.

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the responses!

I’m looking for just the rear emblem (should have been more specific).

Any more reliable state side companies to buy one?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Honestly, I have never heard of any knock-offs that fit the rear properly. Watch some Youtube videos, read some posts. You will see that people had to use glue / thin tape to hold the rear on properly.

Also, you will very likely damage the existing rear emblem when you remove it. So I wouldn't plan to paint /dip the existing one.

I bought a rear emblem from the dealership for $44 CAD (~$33 USD)...

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Honestly, I have never heard of any knock-offs that fit the rear properly. Watch some Youtube videos, read some posts. You will see that people had to use glue / thin tape to hold the rear on properly.

The one I bought from the site I posted previously uses clips in the same locations as the stock one I took off. I didn't need any glue/tape for my rear badge. I can't speak for the front badge, since I have a 7.5R which can't be replaced, so I didn't use it. The cheap eBay one I originally bought arrived damaged (had to get eBay involved for a refund), and had fewer clips than OEM. So, I can see if you go cheap, why there's a chance you might need glue/tape.

I know it's only a sample size of 1, so maybe I got lucky 🤷‍♂️

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The one I bought from the site I posted previously uses clips in the same locations as the stock one I took off. I didn't need any glue/tape for my rear badge. I can't speak for the front badge, since I have a 7.5R which can't be replaced, so I didn't use it. The cheap eBay one I originally bought arrived damaged (had to get eBay involved for a refund), and had fewer clips than OEM. So, I can see if you go cheap, why there's a chance you might need glue/tape.

I know it's only a sample size of 1, so maybe I got lucky 🤷‍♂️
Good info...it's entirely possible that there is actually a properly fitting mold being used, alongside the improperly fitting eBay ones. (y)

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
There are some good instructional videos on YouTube on how to remove the stock rear emblem. I just recently removed it to wrap the emblem & backing. Took my time and was able not to damage anything.