GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Vertical line of dead pixels on infotainment screen

iammakbeth

Wanted to chime in. I picked up my 18 golf SE 1.8t this morning and noticed the lines this afternoon. Car has 12 miles on it. Obviously I contacted the dealer right away and they said to bring it in tomorrow since it will definitely be covered by warranty. I hope they replace the whole console as when they say replace just the screen, I think of only one thing...rattles.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Wanted to chime in. I picked up my 18 golf SE 1.8t this morning and noticed the lines this afternoon. Car has 12 miles on it. Obviously I contacted the dealer right away and they said to bring it in tomorrow since it will definitely be covered by warranty. I hope they replace the whole console as when they say replace just the screen, I think of only one thing...rattles.

You wont get rattles. The trim piece around the screen is held in with clips, if any are missing or not attached properly you will clearly see it.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Without reading through all 4 pages and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I bought a 24 hour subscription to eRwin and there is a TSB for this vertical line issue from November 30 2018.

jonjd

My 2018 Golf SE with about 5300 miles started doing this about a week ago. I noticed it the day after our "Polar Vortex" in Chicago, so have been wondering if the cold caused it, exacerbated a problem that was already there, or is just a coincidence. Have a service appointment this weekend. Assume I'm going to have to bring it in twice: once for them to confirm/diagnose the issue, and again when the part comes in. Any way to avoid this? If it's a known issue can I ask someone in the service department to order the replacement ahead of time, or is that not how it works? First car in a decade so I genuinely don't know.

joshdub

Passed Driver's Ed
I just had my headunit replaced this week under warranty. I sat in the car and showed my service advisor what I was talking about and they relayed what we saw to the tech. Took them a short amount of time to replace it.

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
Fuck. I’m in Toronto and I’ve been waiting since Jan 2nd to get mine replaced. They say it’s on backorder. Damnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youngkibear

Since October 2018, the number of dead pixels on my infotainment screen has increased from one to six. The service advisor wasn't at all surprised and said it's a very common defect. It'll be replaced under warranty, but I have to wait for the part to come in.

For those of you who have had their screen replaced, have dead pixel lines appeared on your new screens? It seems this defect is fairly common, so unless VW is sourcing more reliable screens, I imagine the same problem could occur with the replacement unit. It'd be annoying to have the screen replaced only to have the same issue come up.

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
Mine goes in on Monday to get the screen replaced - finally!

From what I’ve heard on another forum is that there’s a completely different hardware revision that they are using. Something about version 53 and higher from the TSB that someone posted.

Hopefully that means we are good. But if it does come back, as irritating as that would be, it’d still be warrantied (providing it was within the warranty period).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk