MK7.5 Vertical line of dead pixels on infotainment screen

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Here is my thought process:
-Huh, those lines looks odd.
-Well, they are spaced evenly apart.
-(Holds up cell phone to display) Ah! These must be cell phone panels.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
looking at Chill's does make the 3 screens less likely (opinion) I would think there would be more of a gap/line where the screens butt together.

fco.bautista

Unfortunately, they aren't evenly spaced on my screen.. Looks like stress fractures.

Agree the only line I see in mine is 2.125” of the start of the 6.75” wide screen.

Btw did you take yours to the dealer? I have an appt on Monday, wondering what to expect.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattm3mr

There are 4 lights!

First - Picard FTW, still some of the best acting period.

Second - I have the same problem in my GTI SE. Dealer is ordering a new display, anyone else have any luck on this?

In reading this thread, I'm worried they will pull apart the display and still have the problem...

nicks1258

Well, looks like my theory has been clearly disproven!

Guess we're back to assuming it's a Carplay/Android Auto software issue? I'll try loading a white picture via USB and see if I get lines while in the VW software.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Been there, done that.
The screen is also like this in regular modes. My photograph is taken in regular navigation mode.
Well, looks like my theory has been clearly disproven!

Guess we're back to assuming it's a Carplay/Android Auto software issue? I'll try loading a white picture via USB and see if I get lines while in the VW software.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

fco.bautista

Been there, done that.
The screen is also like this in regular modes. My photograph is taken in regular navigation mode.

Same for me, nav and all menus which have light gray background show the same line and can even notice in radio when the image of the station is bright enough to catch the line. The only time I cant notice it is with dark backgrounds/images. But is definetely a screen and not a software issue.

Well see what the dealer has to say on Monday...

fco.bautista

Looks like the dealer is going to replace the screen (actual words from the service department person), they say would take a couple of days before they get the part. I hope they left the console in the same condition and it doesnt cause annoying sounds because of the replacement...

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I checked my 2018 Golf R and do not see any vertical lines at all. I went through multiple screens (radio, phone, nav) etc. and changed brightness up and down. No lines at all.

I did not try this using Android Auto so can't say that's a problem but my screen is fine as is.

710tim

I've been having the same problem on my GTI that I've had since August.

For me, the line does not only appear with Google maps, but also with the rear-view camera. I will be contacting the dealership to ask for a replacement under warranty.