GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Stage 2 E30 vs FBO E60 WRX, Civic Type R

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just ECS stainless clutch line, bleeder block delay valve. I need to get better shift bushings/bracket/shifter lol

So I recommend the Dieselgeek short shifter along with the shifter cable mount bushings, which you can buy the bushings either from USP Motorsports, which I have, or Dieselgeek. Also, if you haven't already done so, get rid of the clutch-assist spring.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So I recommend the Dieselgeek short shifter along with the shifter cable mount bushings, which you can buy the bushings either from USP Motorsports, which I have, or Dieselgeek. Also, if you haven't already done so, get rid of the clutch-assist spring.
Did you use the solid mount bushings on your plastic cable bracket or did you pick up a metal one too?

ive got the superpin and the shaft pins in the mail now and have don’t every other mod for the shifter now except anything with the cable mount, just wondering if the bushing will suffice with the OEM plastic mount.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

yeah definitely going to look into the diesel geek short shifter and bushings✊🏼

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Did you use the solid mount bushings on your plastic cable bracket or did you pick up a metal one too?

ive got the superpin and the shaft pins in the mail now and have don’t every other mod for the shifter now except anything with the cable mount, just wondering if the bushing will suffice with the OEM plastic mount.

The cable mount bushings that I bought are made by Torque Solutions and the material is Delrin Polymer, which is pretty damn solid and the same material that Dieselgeek uses. Here's the link for the bushings: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Torque-Solution-Shifter-Cable-Mount-Bushings.html

The Super Pin is great as it eliminates that side to side slop because the OEM part is a flimsy piece of plastic which can easily get worn down and break.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Yeah it was a fun time, I’m already used to the E30 power lol. I have my eyes on the EQT Vortex XL, can anyone running this setup chime in on it? Still need LPFP and HPFP to install everything at once