GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Rear Valance Removal

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty sure this is the right thread for this one -- what is the purpose of the open hole (uncapped/plugged) on the bottom of my MT trans case? And what am I seeing when I look into it? thx

Attachments

• TranPlug1 (1).jpg
    TranPlug1 (1).jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 47
  • TranPlug1 (2).jpg
    TranPlug1 (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm pretty sure this is the right thread for this one -- what is the purpose of the open hole (uncapped/plugged) on the bottom of my MT trans case? And what am I seeing when I look into it? thx
Why did you think it was the right thread 😂😂

But to answer it’s a sight/weep hole, what you are seeing is the flywheel teeth/gear that the starter spins to turn the motor over.

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
I posted to wrong thread - didn't find a way to move to dumbass question thread.
Thanks for the answer - I had never noticed that hole before.

Gauseb

Car(s)
MK7 VW Golf TSI 1.8T
Hey, I have a 2018 Facelift TSI Unitronic stage 2 IS20 and I want to do the same upgrade. Did you complete yours? Were you able to replace your valance? And did you buy it from the dealer or another source? I'm also from Canada, ON, Toronto Area. Thanks.
A long overdue update!

I finally completed this install and it was pretty painless for the most part.

2CCFCCD0-0CCB-44A2-BC46-44905EEE0866.jpeg

After going through with it all, the rear valance wasn't too bad to deal with once you get under the car and really get a good look at everything.

Parts needed to install the valance:

Diffuser: 5GM807568R9B9
Brace (Left): 5GM807509A
Brace (Right): 5GM807510A
Screws (4x): N91090701

I sourced all my parts directly from the dealer, total invoice came to $160 + tax

The GTI exhaust uses the same exhaust hangers as the TSI so no need for extra parts there. You may want to get an exhaust hanger removal tool, or just pull really hard and pry them off with a flathead or something.

The exhaust clamp was a nightmare.. may not be the same for everyone but the nuts were rusted and stripped so I had to grind them off. The new exhaust clamp I used is from Amazon (Canada) and goes from 2.25" to 2.5" to account for the increase in size for the GTI pipe.

Exhaust Clamp: https://amzn.to/3KX7zmm

Whole process took me about 4.5 Hours to do without a lift, just your typical 2ton car jack and wheel ramps.