GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thread derailed.....ugly car discussion and blue holes.....

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So my buddy Said a guy he works with wants to challenge me. He is in a 2019 civic Type R. "Supposedly" he only has an exhaust and stage 1 tune. My mods are in my signature. I really dont Know much about the new type R, so I guess my question is, how bad are they really? I told him I only race from a dig, so no roll racing. Do I need to leave the back seats and all at home? Or leave it full sleeper and still be able to drag him? Thanks in advance.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The reviews I've seen that compared those two cars and did a dig race all had your R beating the CTR off the line by enough to win in a 1/4 mile. Based on your mods and if he is telling the truth about his mods I suspect you'll get a big enough hole shot and he'll start closing the gap on the top end with you barely winning.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'll keep you all posted. He originally thought it was a base golf. He has kinda went silent since he found out it was an R. I'm hoping he is a good sport and would like a friendly run anyways.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'll keep you all posted. He originally thought it was a base golf. He has kinda went silent since he found out it was an R. I'm hoping he is a good sport and would like a friendly run anyways.
Oh I shouldn't have said that you would barely win. I should have said that you'll win by a head. 🐴 But I sure hope you kick ass.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I raced a modded type R over the winter from multiple 40 rolls. My tired spun till 60 at which point he was next to me but once I grabbed third it was all over. I would shut down and get the ricer fly by every time. You shouldn't have a problem.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I raced a modded type R over the winter from multiple 40 rolls. My tired spun till 60 at which point he was next to me but once I grabbed third it was all over. I would shut down and get the ricer fly by every time. You shouldn't have a problem.
But you have a Vortex XL?!?!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So my buddy Said a guy he works with wants to challenge me. He is in a 2019 civic Type R. "Supposedly" he only has an exhaust and stage 1 tune. My mods are in my signature. I really dont Know much about the new type R, so I guess my question is, how bad are they really? I told him I only race from a dig, so no roll racing. Do I need to leave the back seats and all at home? Or leave it full sleeper and still be able to drag him? Thanks in advance.

Find an ethanol station close by. Get a E30 tune from Ed. Keep the foot planted.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It keeps getting better. He is a manual car also. Thanks for the info guys. I hope to line this up for thursday or friday night.