GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 R beeping noise while driving?

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
Ive turned off every collision setting on my '19 golf r and I still get a beeping noise when I hit a little bump or accelerate quickly. I called vw support they basically said thanks for the feedback but we can't do anything about that setting unless you try to code it out yourself. Ive searched everywhere and nothing can be found on this subject. Does anyone have information on how to turn off this collision warning beep? I will try to post a video clip but I'm assuming people who own the facelift r will be able to understand where I am coming from.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Is your seatbelt on?

Take a vid as we have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I had that issue it was the speed warning indicator, next to the snow tire setting for me.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!

Ok Im finally back at this issue and still can't remove what vw calls collision warning beep. Please if anyone has information how to code this out please let me know. The video link of this issue is above. This occurs every time I drive the vehicle, either if I hit a small bump or accelerate the car quickly and becomes very annoying through out the day.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I had that issue it was the speed warning indicator, next to the snow tire setting for me.
Ive turned off every safety feature including the speed warning indicator, VW calls this feature collision warning beep and its very inaccurate in how it works as well seems like know body knows how to code it out!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I've never heard that particular double beep. I don't think it has anything to do with collision warning, because if it did, there would be a visual warning in the center of the cluster to go with it.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I've never heard that particular double beep. I don't think it has anything to do with collision warning, because if it did, there would be a visual warning in the center of the cluster to go with it.
Me neither man and it really is bothering me. Like said before I turned off every safety feature I can, I've spoke to multiple representative's from VW and thats what they are calling it. I haven't brought it into a dealership since Im modified and I'm trying my best to sort this out without having to go that route. Ive even started a discussion in the OBD forum so hopefully someone can help me out with this issue soon.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I agree with that. You would definitely get the warning picture in the MFD. Plus a loud warning sound not a beep beep.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I agree with that. You would definitely get the warning picture in the MFD. Plus a loud warning sound not a beep beep.
Maybe they revised the noise, I see you have an 18' model and Kevin has the same 19' model as I. But my build date was 6/19 and you know VW likes to change things up quite a bit with features. I will call Monday and verify my concern with them and ask about the difference between beeps and what it may be. I don't get any warning picture or display on my dash just the double beep noise.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Maybe they revised the noise, I see you have an 18' model and Kevin has the same 19' model as I. But my build date was 6/19 and you know VW likes to change things up quite a bit with features. I will call Monday and verify my concern with them and ask about the difference between beeps and what it may be. I don't get any warning picture or display on my dash just the double beep noise.

The beep that you get is a nice sound. It's not a warning sound which are loud an obnoxious. Plus you didn't have the picture of a red car with lines all round it.
It looked like you were launching your car right after you released the brake. Could it have something to do with launch?

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
The beep that you get is a nice sound. It's not a warning sound which are loud an obnoxious. Plus you didn't have the picture of a red car with lines all round it.
It looked like you were launching your car right after you released the brake. Could it have something to do with launch?
The double beep noise is defiantly noticeable! It happens when I accelerate quickly or If i hit a small bump in the road so it happens a lot. It has nothing to do with the launch control.