GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

dwaters82

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI Autobahn
It takes re-pinning, trimming connector housings, and coding. GL
Hey Zero, in coding I have a problem with the right turn signal being attached to the left turn signal like hazard lights when I turn on the left turn signal.
The right turn signal doesn’t work on its own. It is connected completely to the left turn signal commands.
Any idea of what it could be?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Please make sure Leuchte24 is coded „Blinken rechts Hellphase“. Rechts = Right

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
Random question about e-acca. The OEM kit has two prices, where 2-3 day shipping is cheaper than 25-28 days. Is that right?
Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 9.59.24 AM.png

Note: with the Euro/USD currency parity, it seems cheaper to buy in Euros to save more money if you have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fee. Also, e-acca is around $150 cheaper than cars245.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Random question about e-acca. The OEM kit has two prices, where 2-3 day shipping is cheaper than 25-28 days. Is that right?View attachment 262722

Note: with the Euro/USD currency parity, it seems cheaper to buy in Euros to save more money if you have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fee. Also, e-acca is around $150 cheaper than cars245.
My experience with e-acca has been that the shipping on the website is pretty much irrelevant; the real shipping timeframes/cost are determined via email exchange after the order is placed.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Getting prepared to put OEM LED 7.5 with dynamic tails in. There's 200+ pages here so I apologize for not reading through it all. The dot matrix looking outers for brake lights are so ugly imo. Is there coding to keep the bottom tail/running "line" lit up rather than it turning some of off for just the dots while braking? So it'd be a smoother combination of the tail lights, but with the added middle and far bottom dots for brake lights?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Unfortunately not possible w/ coding. The pattern changes as soon as you put 12V on Pin5. I guess you have to design a new tail light board then ;-)

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Thanks, another question. My friend gave me his OEM 7.5 LED tails from his crashed 2016. If I am understanding everything I've read so far, all I need the 7.5 to 7.5 euro LED harness from DAP, then install it and do the coding in obd11?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Morning everyone. Almost 1 year in and I was notified about one of my right outter tails randomly misbehaving. No idea how long its been doing this though. Maybe @ZERO815 has a clue what's going on.

I have a 2020 MK7.5, lights always on auto. Factory LED tails from europe and using shopdap harness. Noticed (particularly when cold?) in the morning when I turn the car on, and the lights come on the right outter tail lights up and then shortly after turns off. However it all functions, turn signal etc. If i turn lights off and back to auto or on they come back and will usually stay on permanently. No idea what is going on, I have no errors on dash when it goes out. Buddy also noticed that when I apply the brake sometimes the led will kind of flicker for a second.

Has anyone experienced this before?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Sounds like a bad connection or a half-way-broken wire.
- Check the wiring on outer-right. Pin4 (2nd in lower row) might not be seated properly.
- Check Pin3 = Ground too.
- Run a continuity check between inner-right Pin4 and outer-right Pin4. Does it change if you wiggle on the wiring on either end?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Sounds like a bad connection or a half-way-broken wire.
- Check the wiring on outer-right. Pin4 (2nd in lower row) might not be seated properly.
- Check Pin3 = Ground too.
- Run a continuity check between inner-right Pin4 and outer-right Pin4. Does it change if you wiggle on the wiring on either end?

Thank you for the tips. I will go investigate the pins. Nothing happens when jiggling. I did check the connection and everything was plugged in tightly

Is there a scan or check I can run in vagcom ?

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
I also have an issue that I was just notified of last night. With brake lights on, the lower bar LEDs that are I believe supposed to turn off, flicker. Both sides. Not sure how long it has been happening. I never see my car with brake lights from the rear. Suggestions on how to troubleshoot? I also am having a bunch of other issues with my driver's side door and central locking which may or may not be related.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
What’s the Dimmwert AB20/21 on your car? If it is 100 try 127 instead.