GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You don't need to change any light (leuchte) channels. The adaptations to enable parking light applies to whichever lighting channel is already set as the parking light.

obnoxious2

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I pmed Zero and he quickly responded with harness modification instructions and new coding.

Spent about an hour doing the mods and then the coding and low and behold everything functions perfectly! I don't know if he wants to share the instructions so I won't post them just yet.

Will take a video of the car later once this baby takes a nap!
Could you please share the harness modifications and coding? I have a 2018 MK7.5 that I'd like to work with the AKD

obnoxious2

Passed Driver's Ed
Please see attached pdf. The left column shows the NA MK7.5 factory settings, middle column DAPs settings (to my knowledge), right column my recommendations for the DAP harness.
Hi @ZERO815, the DAP instructions I got for MK7.5 appear to be slightly different. I've attached it here ( ). What is the difference between your coding and DAP's?

I've uploaded a video showing what it looks like with DAP instructions in case anyone else is interested in DAP MK7.5 North America (https://youtube.com/shorts/JcCxdWZUxFo?feature=share). It looks like they updated their harness where you no longer have to manually plug in terminals so I'm unsure if they changed their harness routing?

Edit* - it looks like w/e the coding is for DAP, the outer bottom 2 running lights do not turn off when brake lights are hit.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Looks like DAP has changed their harness design.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
I didn't read all the posts here but I have a hopefully simple question. I have a 2019 GTI SE and I just want amber rear turn signals. I don't care about the dynamic function. Can I just buy the outers and is it plug and play, or do I have to do coding and buy the inners as well?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I didn't read all the posts here but I have a hopefully simple question. I have a 2019 GTI SE and I just want amber rear turn signals. I don't care about the dynamic function. Can I just buy the outers and is it plug and play, or do I have to do coding and buy the inners as well?
Yep you for sure can; I did this last summer with @ZERO815's help. All you need are the outer lights; you do need to re-pin some wires but it was very easy. Coding is straightforward and can be done with OBDeleven. I personally like the look of the NAR LED tails (aka the Euro "low" tails) better than the EU LEDs so this was the ideal situation for me; part numbers for the outers are 5G0945095Q and 5G0945096Q. Hope that helps!

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Yep you for sure can; I did this last summer with @ZERO815's help. All you need are the outer lights; you do need to re-pin some wires but it was very easy. Coding is straightforward and can be done with OBDeleven. I personally like the look of the NAR LED tails (aka the Euro "low" tails) better than the EU LEDs so this was the ideal situation for me; part numbers for the outers are 5G0945095Q and 5G0945096Q. Hope that helps!

View attachment 260867
Amazing, thank you!

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT

View attachment 260867
What vendor did you buy them from? I looked up the part numbers but am weary of getting reps or knockoffs.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I have a full set of OEM mk7.5 NAR LED tails available for purchase if anyone is interested DM me. Just taking up space in my garage and I no longer have the car.

(Sorry I know its a bit OT, but I didn't think a for sale thread would ever find a buyer)

dwaters82

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI Autobahn

View attachment 260867
Where is the coding for this? I have the lights and am at a standstill with coding.
I tried to follow another guy’s without success.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Where is the coding for this? I have the lights and am at a standstill with coding.
I tried to follow another guy’s without success.
It takes re-pinning, trimming connector housings, and coding. GL

Attachments

• 20220503_DIY_75NL75RL.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 166