GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
This worked. Now brakes show solid and indicators dynamic. Thank you!!!

One "imperfection" is that the first indicator blink is solid, and all subsequent blinks are dynamic. Looks like the dynamic signal isn't arriving "in time" for the first blink. Not something I'm going to switch out my BCM for, but since I've come this far I'm curious how the FL sustem behaves. Surely the dynamic function can't send a signal "faster" than the "Blinken" activation you suggested above? I'm going to try a more recent version of VCDS in case it has the newer functions.

There was one interesting function: "Schlusslicht aktiv ohne Bremslicht aktiv: ist deaktiviert: wenn Bremslicht aktiv ist" Guess this is the opposite of what I need...

I'll finalize my wiring and write up in diy form on the audi forums.

If someone has a recent vcds/odbeleven and doesn't mind checking - do you see 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links/rechts' as an option in your fuktion channels to select from?
The initial 'solid' blink may not be a bad thing, IIRC in PA there's a certain amount of the turn signal that needs to be lit initially to pass safety inspection. By (very technical) argument, this would mean that the initial blink being 'solid' would be sufficient to pass safety inspection, but I'm not an inspector/not sure how NY laws are worded. IIRC though that's how Toyota gets away with dynamic turn signals, as they start solid and they do a 'reverse-dynamic' behavior.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
The initial 'solid' blink may not be a bad thing, IIRC in PA there's a certain amount of the turn signal that needs to be lit initially to pass safety inspection. By (very technical) argument, this would mean that the initial blink being 'solid' would be sufficient to pass safety inspection, but I'm not an inspector/not sure how NY laws are worded. IIRC though that's how Toyota gets away with dynamic turn signals, as they start solid and they do a 'reverse-dynamic' behavior.

You're 100% right - on the audis they get away with dynamic indicators by also having the brake lights come on (instantly). Since I'm fitting the NAR lights with the brake lights wired together with turn indicators, I'm in the clear. But yes, the ROW lights are not DOT approved for this reason.

On the NAR lights the brake and turn indicator actually share a pin, so the lights are hardwired together inside the tail assembly. No way to activate them independently even if I wanted to.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 093954.png

oneb1t

Car(s)
MK7 103kW 2013
I own 2013 EU golf MK7 with bulb rear lights and my goal is to upgrade to MK7.5 OEM dynamic taillights

I bought following wires:

vw official retrofit harness - 5G1052200A and MK7 to MK7.5 harness from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003106303802.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6d8b18025C0XkT

I successfully installed and connected aliexpress harness to find out that im missing alot of wires from BCM (actually 5...) but official VW kit only contains 3 wires (and 1 small one...)

do i really need to create 2 more wires somehow or is there any trick i can pull in order to make it work?

edit: based on erwin data it looks like 23SL and 24SL should be there..

following are working
20BR (A71) - Breaking Light
18BLK (A60) turn signal left
28RFL (A64) Reverse light
26NSL (A72) Fog Light
29RFL (A64) Reverse light
21BR (C8) - Breaking Light
19BLK (C31) turn signal right

following are missing
27NSL (C6) -> common to all 4
23SL (C10) - Position Light
16BLK (C9) inner turn signal left
17BLK (C3) inner turn signal right
24SL (A65) - Position Light

these wires are not really there.. also old connectors can only handle 4 more wires... so im not sure how to handle this 5th wire which is not there at all...
1651776846258.png

EDIT2: so for other guys who decided to go this route:
23SL and 24SL are connected to OEM INNER connector on pin 1 then everything starts to make sense :) and chinese reduction is connecting INNER pin 1 to pin 1 on facelifted connector

Last edited:

parms747

Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf TSI
I bought this used set of replica tail lights that I'm installing this week. Does anyone recognize which brand they are? I have no clue from searching Google for the identification numbers and I don't recognize the logo but it looks familiar...
IMG_1824.JPG

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
I need a little help with coding for my Euro Tails on a '19 MK7.5 R. Seems like I'm probably missing a simple step to get the outer light to also sweep, anyone know what I need to change please? I should probably say I'm in North America.

Just installed [these tails](https://www.uspmotorsports.com/MK7.5-Facelifted-LED-Tail-Lights-2018.html) from USP which uses [this harness](https://www.uspmotorsports.com/RFB-Euro-Tail-Light-Wiring-Harness-For-MK7.5-GTI-Golf-R.html).

My issue is that the dynamic sweep isn't working on the outer lights. The inner lights sweep fine but the outer ones blink solid amber (see video). I've quintuple checked my coding in OBDeleven and assume I've missed something obvious.

I've attached a full OBDeleven dump of the changes I've made so far as recommended by USP. At this point I'm hoping @ZERO815 will swoop in and save the day - I'll even order a harness from you if needed. I have had the car apart from about a month trying everything at this point and would like it back together soon! :)

Attachments

• backup.txt
    719.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Sounds more like a wiring issue. The dynamic function is powered via Leuchte28 to all 4 tails w/ USP harness. Because the dynamic turn signal functions on both inner lights I guess there's a wiring issue to both outer tails.

Please check the outer harness plugs if there is a wire in cavity #1. Which one is cavity #1? There are two rows of in total 8 cavities. The one row has 6 cavities, the other only 2. Cavity #1 is the outer cavity of the row w/ only 2 cavities. Does that make sense?

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
Here's the wiring as best as I can picture it. I know it's probably hard to see in the pictures but I'm fairly confident it's wired as per the USP diagram. Like I said, open to buying a harness from you at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 015857F3-B9A7-412D-AB37-6F145CA80D51 (1).jpg
    015857F3-B9A7-412D-AB37-6F145CA80D51 (1).jpg
    216 KB · Views: 90

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The wiring of the inner tail lights looks alright. How about the outer tails?

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1

Attachments

• 13E09977-BA26-4AB9-B1CC-A73BDC24D44C.jpeg
    13E09977-BA26-4AB9-B1CC-A73BDC24D44C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 0C545AF9-654E-463B-AEEE-BA1029825C47.jpeg
    0C545AF9-654E-463B-AEEE-BA1029825C47.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 5537B46B-291B-45C5-87E3-E5304E161B27.jpeg
    5537B46B-291B-45C5-87E3-E5304E161B27.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Pin 1 is populated, good! However one more question: You had to run 3 grey wires from each outer tail to the inner tail. Where did the 3rd wire got connected to?
596C344B-1B8F-4195-9C84-662C7A7871C8.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I can make you harness if we can't solve it. Will be in the bay area next week. Could ship it to you from there more easily and quicker.

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
I can make you harness if we can't solve it. Will be in the bay area next week. Could ship it to you from there more easily and quicker.
I'll check the continuity of where each wire goes as you ask over the next day or so.

How much for a harness shipped to NC?

traan.man48

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have a USDM 2020 GTI (MK7.5) with the ShopDAP harness and the OEM dynamic tails installed. I would like to enable the single-sided parking light functionality that the RoW vehicles have. I know that the "4-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert==one-sided" must be enabled in the central electrics module, but I am unsure of which light channels to change to enable this functionality. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!