GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

kmurray

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
@ZERO815

I purchased a cable Zero815 and mk7.5 euro taillights from a guy with a 2017 or 2018 r. I'm installing them on my also 2018 golf r. I'm using odbeleven to code.

Where can I find the exact document or video to use for coding with odbeleven.

Please thank you.

Last edited:

deesea

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hi All!

I'm new here and I may have messed up some of the coding light functionality on my car - would appreciate any help to revert it back to a previous state.

Bit of background:
I purchased a set of OEM LED euro tails w/ rear fogs. Part numbers match posts earlier in this thread.
Car is a 2019 NAR Golf R

Harness used:
JBale harness, a new old stock set I purchased off a friend who never used it. Comes with the OEM rear fog switch. Harness instructions and fit are for a mk7.5 to mk7.5

Pinned, and completed the install no problems. But when it gets to coding via OBD11, that's where the issues start. Followed JBales instructions to the letter, and everything seems to be working, except the dynamic ambers. Both lights come on as one solid bar. I made the mistake of using the SHOPDAP App for Euro tails. No difference in dynamic functionality (still doesn't work), but I believe at this point, the rear tail (inner and outer) are on permanently. Car is off, and doors are unlocked, the rear lights are on and will not shut off. Nothing I do will get the rear lights to turn off unless I lock the doors. Otherwise the rear lights are on in all conditions.

Brakes, turn signals, rear fog and everything work (except for dynamic functionality), and the rear DRLs are constantly on. How do I fix this? Any Advice?

vwauug

Ready to race!
Bumping this thread - need a little help with VCDS coding for the rear fog - 7.5 tails on 7.5 - TIA

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Just ordered my lights from E-Acca and Zero has my harness shipped, I’ll update with how long it took to get the tails in from e-acca once I receive them for those curious on current timeframe.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Edit* so I just wired it up per dap instructions and just didn’t code for rear fog and that worked.

Anyone mind answering a quick question. I’m using the shopdap mk7.5 harness. And I don’t have a rear fog nor do I want to have one. In one of his videos (mk7 to mk7.5 led) he mentions moving the green cable on the driver inner to position 6 from 7. And leave it in 7 if you wish to have rear fogs. However in their instructions the cable from the passenger inner tail goes to position 6 on the driver inner tail.
Do I just do that and just not code for a rear fog ? Or do I have to adjust the wiring as well?

Attachments

• 9C5E260E-1A97-4A53-9D5B-A8CA1FF4CD9D.jpeg
    9C5E260E-1A97-4A53-9D5B-A8CA1FF4CD9D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 125
  • 76A55809-76A1-4E0F-B53B-CC9753690248.jpeg
    76A55809-76A1-4E0F-B53B-CC9753690248.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What kind of depinning tool is needed to remove the pins on the tail-light connectors? This would actually be on a MK7 connector, not MK7.5, but I'd assume the pins are the same. I'm looking at potentially removing my sequential tails, and would need to remove the pin that was run from inner to outer and whatnot.

Didn't think my question needed it's own thread.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
What kind of depinning tool is needed to remove the pins on the tail-light connectors? This would actually be on a MK7 connector, not MK7.5, but I'd assume the pins are the same. I'm looking at potentially removing my sequential tails, and would need to remove the pin that was run from inner to outer and whatnot.

Didn't think my question needed it's own thread.
Don't recall the exact one when I made the harnesses for my 7.5 Euro tail swap, but I use two sets when working on electrical with the VW that work:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...YzpCybRkfM7dl58eXFIqZG3QunOkMhLBoCz8MQAvD_BwE
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085XSSR88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Should cover any type of connector you could come across that needs to done. Much easier that attempting a sowing needle or something else like i've done in the past. :ROFLMAO:

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Hi,

Looking for some help understanding VCDS light channel functions. I've just retrofitted dynamic sweeping LED tails to my S3 and have an issue. When I press the brake, the indicators come on dynamically, not instantly/solid as they should. I think my issue is with the coding of these 2 channels (left side only for purpose of example). Can anyone spot the issue? Thx

Inner Indicator/Brake (pin 3 on light -> A60 on FL BCM)

Outer Indicator/Brake (pin 3 on light -> A71 on FL BCM)

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Not sure if I understand what you have done to your car. All I know is if the lights are VW/Audi OEM there must be one dedicated light channel that "powers" the dynamic function. You have to disable that channel in case of "brake light" to stop the dynamic function. The tail light itself starts the dynamic function if the turn signal pin (coded light function as turn signal, brake light, parking light, ... doesn't matter) and the dynamic pin get 12V.

Please share an adpmap of your module09, a wiring schematic, and tail light #numbers for more help.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Not sure if I understand what you have done to your car. All I know is if the lights are VW/Audi OEM there must be one dedicated light channel that "powers" the dynamic function. You have to disable that channel in case of "brake light" to stop the dynamic function. The tail light itself starts the dynamic function if the turn signal pin (coded light function as turn signal, brake light, parking light, ... doesn't matter) and the dynamic pin get 12V.

Please share an adpmap of your module09, a wiring schematic, and tail light #numbers for more help.

Gotcha, thx. This is the map of the left side dynamic channel (as per 19 RS3 admap)

This is what I'm running instead (since 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links' isn't available)

So what you're saying is 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch' knows to cut 12V in case of brakes being applied, otherwise provides constant power?

Admap (my car's original + 19 RS3) and wiring are in the tabs in this sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uGK0eFyXHPzFCl1rMkOX3GS3cDmtf9QCW2y7BJVq4AU/edit?usp=sharing

Bright highlighted cells are my current wiring, and aside from Klemme 30G/power channel change above, coding is taken exactly from 19 RS3 admap. Let me know if unclear.

Tails are

8V5945091A
8V5945092A
8V5945093F
8V5945094F

Thanks!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for all the data. Haven't seen "Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links" and "Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch rechts" before. As far as I understand your "issue" you expect the combined turn signal / brake light LEDs to stay solid when brake is applied and dynamic when turn signal is used.

I don't have Audis available to test but did some testing on my MK7.

My suggestion would be to code Leuchte18 and Leuchte19 the following:
- Lichtfunktion A 18 from "Klemme30G" to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)"
- Lichtfunktion A 19 from "Klemme30G" to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Thanks for all the data. Haven't seen "Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links" and "Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch rechts" before. As far as I understand your "issue" you expect the combined turn signal / brake light LEDs to stay solid when brake is applied and dynamic when turn signal is used.

I don't have Audis available to test but did some testing on my MK7.

My suggestion would be to code Leuchte18 and Leuchte19 the following:
- Lichtfunktion A 18 from "Klemme30G" to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)"
- Lichtfunktion A 19 from "Klemme30G" to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"

This worked. Now brakes show solid and indicators dynamic. Thank you!!!

One "imperfection" is that the first indicator blink is solid, and all subsequent blinks are dynamic. Looks like the dynamic signal isn't arriving "in time" for the first blink. Not something I'm going to switch out my BCM for, but since I've come this far I'm curious how the FL sustem behaves. Surely the dynamic function can't send a signal "faster" than the "Blinken" activation you suggested above? I'm going to try a more recent version of VCDS in case it has the newer functions.

There was one interesting function: "Schlusslicht aktiv ohne Bremslicht aktiv: ist deaktiviert: wenn Bremslicht aktiv ist" Guess this is the opposite of what I need...

I'll finalize my wiring and write up in diy form on the audi forums.

If someone has a recent vcds/odbeleven and doesn't mind checking - do you see 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links/rechts' as an option in your fuktion channels to select from?

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I guess it has something to do with the 50ms delay on FL cars that don't exist on preFL BCMs. "Außenlicht_Blinker-Dynamische_Blink_Delay = 50ms".

But there might be another option for you:
1644233575209.png

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Awesome, thanks. Had someone else suggest just moving up the Blinken aktiv function to H to see if it then takes precedence. For A60 below is what I'm currently running, your suggestion, and someone else's suggestion. Will play around with these later.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 080452.png