GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Ovox0

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got lucky and managed to find a set of used oem 7.5 euro tails for $250 shipped. Thanks @ZERO815 for the harness. Install was easier than I expected. Love the way they look!
2E9E1454-2E03-4A27-9E63-655C2843B076.jpeg

Last edited:

wrdvento

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI-4 Door
Ok, bear with me here.

I just installed dynamic tail lights on my 2019 GTI. I used the DAP harness for Mk7.5. I've been in contact with Paul at DAP but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this...

I used ODBeleven that DAP has a preset for coding. I'm getting a fail after hitting the green check mark. I never get a message for succes, just fail - see attached screenshot.

Also is the screenshot of mods done with OBDeleven as well. You can see the one update I did in which Paul suggested. The drivers blinker wouldn't run dynamic, just would be like a normal blinker. That works now.

With all the above said, has anyone run into not really coding anything and they work? My tail lights work as they should yet the DAP coding failed. I checked some other things as if done manually and they are as they should be.

Lastly, and maybe he will chime in, what are the differences in the zero coding compared to DAP?
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...E15D62!472&parId=617419BA93E15D62!471&o=OneUp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-185136_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-185136_OBDeleven.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200703_212957.jpg
    20200703_212957.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 198

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
came across an odd thing. someone on Reddit's GolfR sub stated that he installed the euro tails on his R did the coding and made his dynamic turn signals on his mirror stop working...does the coding affect the rest of the signals on the car?

Ovox0

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
came across an odd thing. someone on Reddit's GolfR sub stated that he installed the euro tails on his R did the coding and made his dynamic turn signals on his mirror stop working...does the coding affect the rest of the signals on the car?

My dynamic turn signals on my side mirrors still work after coding my euro tails.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
My dynamic turn signals on my side mirrors still work after coding my euro tails.

that's what i thought it was odd because the coding shouldn't affect the side mirrors

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
that's what i thought it was odd because the coding shouldn't affect the side mirrors
Sounds like they messed up the coding somewhere.

This is why it is absolutely imperative that everyone double check the the adaptation channel to ensure that you are changing the correct value of the correct channel. I've fouled up a channel and didn't realize what it was until I was done. found that I accidentally made the left blinker blink BOTH right and left tail lights. Had to go over all the coding to find my flaw.

Sounds like the person went off wondering so to speak and changed a channel that shouldn't have been changed. It's going to be tough without knowing German to figure out what was tweaked wrong :(

Last edited:

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
90702DA5-C1D2-454D-BE51-1349702D83B1.jpeg

finally got my euro tails installed. They were ordered from E-Acca on the 27th of may and I got them exactly 6 weeks later. Harness was purchased from user @ZERO815. Absolutely flawlessplug and play install with his harness. The coding was done with OBDII via IOS. Took about 10 min for me (but I think it helps that I am fluent in German haha). However, it is still pretty straight forward as long as you are making sure to input everything correctly. Just don’t rush it! I’m so glad with how they came out.

jezza123

Car(s)
7.5 GTI
People who ordered the lights from e-acca:
what did you select as the shipping option (to US) and how long did it take to arrive?

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
View attachment 179308
finally got my euro tails installed. They were ordered from E-Acca on the 27th of may and I got them exactly 6 weeks later. Harness was purchased from user @ZERO815. Absolutely flawlessplug and play install with his harness. The coding was done with OBDII via IOS. Took about 10 min for me (but I think it helps that I am fluent in German haha). However, it is still pretty straight forward as long as you are making sure to input everything correctly. Just don’t rush it! I’m so glad with how they came out.
They look great. Agreed, Pretty straight forward ,as long as you have the correct coding instructions. How is the IOS version ? I still have android one. I found my old Samsung tablet a little slow.

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
They look great. Agreed, Pretty straight forward ,as long as you have the correct coding instructions. How is the IOS version ? I still have android one. I found my old Samsung tablet a little slow.
IOS version is pretty flawless! I was a bit skeptical at first since the long coding option was a fairly new update for it, however it works great!

jetplaness

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey! i've been looking for an answer on here but cant see to find one. I install d my lights and used zeros harness but nothing happens when I use my left turn signal and when I use right right turn signal it acts as im hitting the emergency lights and both left and right turn signals go off

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Hey! i've been looking for an answer on here but cant see to find one. I install d my lights and used zeros harness but nothing happens when I use my left turn signal and when I use right right turn signal it acts as im hitting the emergency lights and both left and right turn signals go off

Same issue here originally, but I checked and found that I coded the right turn signal to “blinken links hellphase“ instead of “blinken rechts hellphase”

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
People who ordered the lights from e-acca:
what did you select as the shipping option (to US) and how long did it take to arrive?
I haven't ordered mine yet, so I can't speak to how long. I emailed them before hand and selected fedex, mainly to get a better idea of total cost. From what I've read you can just select Fedex and hit order, they'll update you and update the shipping cost to the order afterward.