GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

pantsos

Ready to race!
Yes, if I recall correctly that is the Scandinavian drl setting. The option should be in long coding under central electrics

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

I think this settings sets them on full brightness. I don’t want them to be that way, only on 40-50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I think this settings sets them on full brightness. I don’t want them to be that way, only on 40-50%

There should be a way to set the brightness. When I was playing around with the DRL setting on my MKV, there was an option to set the brightness of the headlights. I'm sure there is one for the tail lights as well.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
There should be a way to set the brightness. When I was playing around with the DRL setting on my MKV, there was an option to set the brightness of the headlights. I'm sure there is one for the tail lights as well.

All lighting (leuchte) channels on the Mk7 can be adjusted for brightness and functions, far more advanced than the Mk5 or 6.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
MK7.5 led tails aren’t dimmable. If you go lower with the „Dimmwert“ at a certain point they start to flicker.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thanks for the info. Any idea how can I code them to be always on then with my DRL’s on?

Could you code the lights to "Scandinavian daytime running lights"? On my mk5 & mk6 that would turn the tails on with the front drl's.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for the info. Any idea how can I code them to be always on then with my DRL’s on?

Search in your Leuchte settings of xx= 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24, 27, 28 for LichtfunktionAxx = Standlicht... . Set LichtfunktionBxx to Tagfahrlicht (Daytime Running Lights).

E.g. LichtfunktionA27 is set to Standlicht..., change LichtfunktionB27 to Tagfahrlicht.

Makkish

Car(s)
16VW Golf Mk7 GT TDI
Hi all I have retrofitted 5G1052200C With the electrical conversion kit 5G0 052 400 and (4x tail light connector 1K8 972 928 B) and followed the supplied instructions and pulled the yellow cable to BCM Socket C Pin6 and Connected everything like I suppose to do. Dynamic lights are working brake lights are working revervese lights working but I cant get the Running lights to work not on the inner lights or outer lights. But if I remove the yellow cable from chamber one and put in chamber 3 instead then almost everything works but then the outer light stopped working dynamic sweep and just blink regular so the inside are dynamic and outside works regular and the running lights only works when the car is parked, Please someone help me I have been at this for a whole week up to 10hrs a day switching cables trying to code differently with VCDS, you guys are my last hope sincerely Markus.

Ps. I live in Sweden

Problem has been solved thanks to ZERO815 ty once again my friend?

Last edited by a moderator:

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all I have retrofitted 5G1052200C With the electrical conversion kit 5G0 052 400 and (4x tail light connector 1K8 972 928 B) and followed the supplied instructions and pulled the yellow cable to BCM Socket C Pin6 and Connected everything like I suppose to do. Dynamic lights are working brake lights are working revervese lights working but I cant get the Running lights to work not on the inner lights or outer lights. But if I remove the yellow cable from chamber one and put in chamber 3 instead then almost everything works but then the outer light stopped working dynamic sweep and just blink regular so the inside are dynamic and outside works regular and the running lights only works when the car is parked, Please someone help me I have been at this for a whole week up to 10hrs a day switching cables trying to code differently with VCDS, you guys are my last hope sincerely Markus.

Ps. I live in Sweden

Is there anything plugged into Pin4 of the outer tail lights? Did you have LED tail lights or incandescent tail lights from the factory?

Makkish

Car(s)
16VW Golf Mk7 GT TDI
Is there anything plugged into Pin4 of the outer tail lights? Did you have LED tail lights or incandescent tail lights from the factory?

ZERO815 helped me out yesterday and I got everything working, but ty for showing interest?

alexanderodd

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 R-line 2014
Non dynamic LEDs

Hey!

I've been trying to search far and wide and i can't seem to find anything about it.

I got a 2014 MK7 with the OEM LEDs. My car is a EU car as i live in Norway.

I want to upgrade from OEM MK7 LED to 7.5 NON(!) dynamic tails. Everyone's doing the dynamic 7.5 fit, but i actually like the non dynamic better.

My question is: Do i need new wiring on those non-dynamic tails or is it plug and play?

Thanks

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hey!

I've been trying to search far and wide and i can't seem to find anything about it.

I got a 2014 MK7 with the OEM LEDs. My car is a EU car as i live in Norway.

I want to upgrade from OEM MK7 LED to 7.5 NON(!) dynamic tails. Everyone's doing the dynamic 7.5 fit, but i actually like the non dynamic better.

My question is: Do i need new wiring on those non-dynamic tails or is it plug and play?

Thanks

If you're able to re-pin connectors you'll need new connector housings (8-pin instead of 4-pin & 5-pin) / Otherwise just 4 short adapters from MK7LED to MK7.5non dynamic / Slightly different coding.

alexanderodd

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 R-line 2014
If you're able to re-pin connectors you'll need new connector housings (8-pin instead of 4-pin & 5-pin) / Otherwise just 4 short adapters from MK7LED to MK7.5non dynamic / Slightly different coding.

Thanks!

Re-pin sounds like a lot of work as i have minimal tech skills :p
So if i just buy these adapters you're speaking of i can connect the tails and do coding?
Any idea where i can find these adapters?