GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

stealthy1

Ready to race!
Read *almost* the entire thread regarding the MY18s and wasn't entirely sure: do the low-line NA LEDs have the same connector as the high-line dynamics?

As in: are the two plug and play or is the harness still required? I've got an 18 with the tails coming and just need to know if I have to spend hours trying to route wiring.

TIA.

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Read *almost* the entire thread regarding the MY18s and wasn't entirely sure: do the low-line NA LEDs have the same connector as the high-line dynamics?

As in: are the two plug and play or is the harness still required? I've got an 18 with the tails coming and just need to know if I have to spend hours trying to route wiring.

TIA.

It's not plug & play unfortunately, an adapter/harness is still needed

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R

gildnerwjr

TIA.

You're asking two questions here. First, I don't believe the US plug will fit into the Euro light without removing the tab on the US plug. I don't know for certain because I don't have a US MY18 car, but it looks that way in the pictures I've seen.

Second, the US car does not have enough wires from the BCM to control each Euro light function individually as does a Euro spec car. The harnesses being used essentially send a single wire's electrical signal to more than one light, essentially freeing up a wire to reassign to another task. For example, both reverse lights are linked together, red inner hatch taillights are linked together, brake lights are linked. Linking them all together frees up wires to reassign to the blinkers, fog light, etc. I don't have a harness so don't know the exact linking combinations but it's not really different from the original LED harness so it's easy to assume.

So, you either need to route all the correct wires from the BCM to the rear where you have Euro spec functionality, or buy a harness which gives the effect but without design functionality. The harnesses you could buy have a female US plug at one end and the male Euro plug at the other end for the correct fit.

I have a 2016 Golf R and I ran all the wires from the BCM to the rear for my original LED upgrade, it took about eight hours but I have full and complete functionality as would a Euro car. For me, installing the facelift lights will require new connectors, a couple of wires from the outer lights to the hatch lights, plus some new VCDS coding.

Last edited:

Jersh1

Hey guys, hoping I can get a quick resolution here. I had my lights installed at my local shop and we're running into an issue with the dynamic turn signals. I'm using the jbale harness and I have non rear fog lights. When we use the left turn signal it activates both signals as if the hazards were turned on. Then when we use the right signal nothing happens. We haven't checked the pins/plugs yet, but does this sound like a coding problem or something isn't plugged in correctly? Our next move is to check the pins but we followed all the instructions provided with the harness. Everything else works fine, it's just the turn signals that are having issues.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hey guys, hoping I can get a quick resolution here. I had my lights installed at my local shop and we're running into an issue with the dynamic turn signals. I'm using the jbale harness and I have non rear fog lights. When we use the left turn signal it activates both signals as if the hazards were turned on. Then when we use the right signal nothing happens. We haven't checked the pins/plugs yet, but does this sound like a coding problem or something isn't plugged in correctly? Our next move is to check the pins but we followed all the instructions provided with the harness. Everything else works fine, it's just the turn signals that are having issues.
Coding.
It sounds like a doubled "blinken links" (flash left) and a missing "blinken rechts" (flash right) in your code.

Reference: happened to me lol. Caught my mistake when I went through my changes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Will NA 7.5 oe tails work on NA mk7 GTi without harnesses? Simple plug n play?

Jersh1

Coding.
It sounds like a doubled "blinken links" (flash left) and a missing "blinken rechts" (flash right) in your code.

Reference: happened to me lol. Caught my mistake when I went through my changes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This is exactly what happened. Very easily over looked. :D

You guys were right! Such a quick fix and now everything is perfect. Thanks and shout out to JBale for the awesome harness and instructions.

RobertoVW

Hi guys,

Do you know which channel should I program for the following 4 LED in order to activate the Interior Light function?

Leuchtexxxx xxxx?

LED w/o dynamic turn signals (found on Golf/base models)

Left outer - 5G0945095Q
Right outer - 5G0945096Q
Left inner - 5G0945093AH w/o rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945094AG w/o rear fog

I found Leuchte23 and Leuchte24 which are the outer tails but I can’t find the inner tails.

Thank you!

Last edited:

pantsos

Ready to race!
Prices from E-ACCA went up recently.

Attachments

• pric.jpg
    pric.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 848
  • pric3.jpg
    pric3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 857