GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Saw these on instagram fitted to a mk7 R. Definitely interested now, was contemplating the euro LED tails before ... http://www.pictaram.com/media/1458990909445509522_39445328

If these are already fitted to an MK7, is it the same install as the Euro mk7 tails?

Edit: it looks like the DAP adapters would fit the new tails... I'm wondering if it's that easy in that it's the same process as the mk7 Euro tails

Last edited:

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
So a Germany shop already made an adaptors (for the dynamic turn signals ones) so I'm pulling the plug and going for them. Will let you guys know ��

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
The difference between halogens and LED on the pre-facelift is one more cable for the inner lights because the halogens don't have turn signal in the inners.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I guess I'll share the part numbers and research for facelift tail lights. ;) I was going to try and order these a while back, but decided that I like my current non-FL LEDs with my current setup.

LED without dynamic turn signals (base models) -

Left outer - 5G0945095Q
Right outer - 5G0945096Q
Left inner - 5G0945093AH
Right inner - 5G0945094AG

*there are current "used" base model versions available right now if you google*

LED with dynamic turn signals:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307P (no rear fog 5G0945307Q)
Right inner - 5G0945308P

From what I've read, in order for the dynamic turn signals to work, you must have a '17 model, since they come with most of the new facelift modules. More specifically the BCM, which you can get the new version separately. Also, if you search the German forums, someone has tested the LED dynamic turn signal versions which did work and had the same connectors.

LED with dynamic turn signal prices from Cars245...

5G0945207G - $128 (left outer)

5G0945208G- $128 (right outer)

5G0945307P - $122 (left inner w fog)

5G0945307Q - $122 (left outer no fog)

5G0945308P - $122 (right inner)

Didn't ask about shipping.

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you let me know if the facelift tails have the same connector as the mk7 LED tails? Thanks, good luck!

I can tell you already that they are different for sure. Look at the adaptors I have to use. I'm attaching the image which is showing output from the adaptor. You can see it's very different to the nonFL tails. There is also more cables.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 19.57.43.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 19.57.43.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 4,275

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is this pic of a Clubsport, as per your signature? Didn't know they came in blue...

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Saw these on instagram fitted to a mk7 R. Definitely interested now, was contemplating the euro LED tails before ... http://www.pictaram.com/media/1458990909445509522_39445328

I bought the current set of Euro LED tails thinking I wouldn't really want this but I acted too soon. That looks sick.

This: https://www.audiamant.de/shop-nachruesten/vw/golf/golf-7/umruestmodule-golf7-html and some coding is required and you also have to already have a LED tails. The dynamic turn signal ones are tinted like the current tails from the R. :) Don't hesitate to ask anything else I'll be happy to help.

I can tell you already that they are different for sure. Look at the adaptors I have to use. I'm attaching the image which is showing output from the adaptor. You can see it's very different to the nonFL tails. There is also more cables.

What does this adapter do exactly? Do you have a full picture of the adapter?

Basically you need to buy new tails with the dynamic turn signal, plus this adapter, and where do you plug this adapter into? The current Euro LED tail harness? What coding changes? I can imagine this will get messy, considering theres more than one pre FL euro LED harness with different coding each.

LED with dynamic turn signal prices from Cars245...

Couldn't find it on there.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I emailed cars245 for those prices. They just responded today.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Subscribed. Looking forward to it if a vendor can make it plug and play for USA folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I like the new lights, very hot, but I can't deal with the mismatched new rear lights and old front. My OCD would go crazy.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
I like the new lights, very hot, but I can't deal with the mismatched new rear lights and old front. My OCD would go crazy.

I am ignorant-- what else has changed for the headlights other than the pattern for the daytime running lights?