GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I ordered from e-acca (shipping to Europe) and chose FedEx which cost around 50$.

The lights were ordered on the 13th of July, and they're still not shipped. e-acca still haven't received them so they can't ship it.
After checking in with them, they said they should receive it no longer than this week, so I hope it'll be shipped by the end of this week.

They haven't updated me regarding the shipment cost, but I doubt they'll ask me to pay more.

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I ordered from e-acca (shipping to Europe) and chose FedEx which cost around 50$.

The lights were ordered on the 13th of July, and they're still not shipped. e-acca still haven't received them so they can't ship it.
After checking in with them, they said they should receive it no longer than this week, so I hope it'll be shipped by the end of this week.

They haven't updated me regarding the shipment cost, but I doubt they'll ask me to pay more.
For me, it took exactly 6 weeks from the day I ordered them. I reached out to them at week 4 and they said they haven’t received them at their warehouse, however once they do, they should update you via their website. I checked back daily u til I saw it change from “processing” to “shipped.” From there, I got a fedex tracking number and received them in about 5 days. You just gotta play the waiting game with them, however for the price of the lights, I was more than happy to :)

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Honestly if you get them from e-accs the prices are probably the same so you’d be better off getting the OEM.

The ones on e-acca don’t look right using the part number suggested in the first post: 5G1052200C.

This is what's shown on DAP for the 7.5 LED tail lights:

This is what's shown on e-acca:

They look like two different sets.

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
The ones on e-acca don’t look right using the part number suggested in the first post: 5G1052200C.

That is the correct part number. I used the same # when I ordered my dynamic taillights from them 2 months ago.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

They are different. Top MK7.5 , below MK7 LED's. e-acca do sell them both. Not sure email them. They've been good to me answering any questions.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
That is the correct part number. I used the same # when I ordered my dynamic taillights from them 2 months ago.

So then I’m assuming they just have the incorrect picture up if you ordered that part number and got the top set of lights and not the bottom.

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
So then I’m assuming they just have the incorrect picture up if you ordered that part number and got the top set of lights and not the bottom.
Honestly, I didn’t even see a picture next to them when I ordered them. All I can say is I used that same part # and got the MK7.5 version. However, if you have any doubt, just email them and have them specify. They’re usually good with responding to emails and will get back to you within 48 hours!

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
For me, it took exactly 6 weeks from the day I ordered them. I reached out to them at week 4 and they said they haven’t received them at their warehouse, however once they do, they should update you via their website. I checked back daily u til I saw it change from “processing” to “shipped.” From there, I got a fedex tracking number and received them in about 5 days. You just gotta play the waiting game with them, however for the price of the lights, I was more than happy to :)

Is it just me or their website is half English and half Russian? Lmao. I have to translate it every time I check the order status.

5 days is really quick. I believe they ship from Russia or Europe? 5 days to the USA is hella fast.

ChinoKay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Is it just me or their website is half English and half Russian? Lmao. I have to translate it every time I check the order status.

5 days is really quick. I believe they ship from Russia or Europe? 5 days to the USA is hella fast.
Yeah it was pretty quick (ONCE they received them). I’d still count on it being 6 weeks + for you. And they ship from Latvia.

rintinner

Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
I went and did something a bit foolish.
  • I have a Mk7.5 that I need (as well as want) to convert to Euro tails, because I'm soon shipping it with me back to Europe, so rear fog/amber rear turn signals are required for it to be roadworthy there
  • I bought these tails and this harness, thinking they would do what I need
  • They arrived today and I tried to fit them
  • I got as far as having all the panels removed and one new tail light in place when…
  • I realized it wouldn't work because the new tails and the harness have 4-pin connectors, whereas the connectors on the vehicle have 8 pins, which I now understand is a difference from the Mk7
So, I'm now left in a situation where I have (I think) lights designed to 'upgrade' a Mk7 vehicle, so they are using older connectors than those on my vehicle.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice as to the best thing to do. I just found this thread today and it's clear there's a lot of knowledge here :) I'm wondering:
  • Is it possible for me to get a different harness, or some kind of adapter, to make all of this work?
  • Am I better cutting my losses and returning these and getting proper Mk7.5 tails? From what I can see they look quite a lot more expensive, though…
  • Is there a way I can re-pin the connectors, or something like that, with the equipment I have?
  • Another way that I might be missing
If anyone can offer advice, I'd really appreciate it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I went and did something a bit foolish.
  • I have a Mk7.5 that I need (as well as want) to convert to Euro tails, because I'm soon shipping it with me back to Europe, so rear fog/amber rear turn signals are required for it to be roadworthy there
  • I bought these tails and this harness, thinking they would do what I need
  • They arrived today and I tried to fit them
  • I got as far as having all the panels removed and one new tail light in place when…
  • I realized it wouldn't work because the new tails and the harness have 4-pin connectors, whereas the connectors on the vehicle have 8 pins, which I now understand is a difference from the Mk7
So, I'm now left in a situation where I have (I think) lights designed to 'upgrade' a Mk7 vehicle, so they are using older connectors than those on my vehicle.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice as to the best thing to do. I just found this thread today and it's clear there's a lot of knowledge here :) I'm wondering:
  • Is it possible for me to get a different harness, or some kind of adapter, to make all of this work?
  • Am I better cutting my losses and returning these and getting proper Mk7.5 tails? From what I can see they look quite a lot more expensive, though…
  • Is there a way I can re-pin the connectors, or something like that, with the equipment I have?
  • Another way that I might be missing
If anyone can offer advice, I'd really appreciate it.
Looks like you did buy MK7 (pre facelift/MK7.5) hella tails styled after MK7.5 that would be plug and play for the earlier cars.
From the website you linked.
Simply the best tail light upgrade for your MK7 Golf, GTI, or Golf R (Pre-Facelift).

Made to look exactly like the units found on Facelifted European MK7 models, these darkened LED tail lights from Helix feature a dynamic amber LED turn signal that illuminates sequentially in the direction you intend to turn. They also feature a dual rear fog lights. (Requires European Headlight Switch to function)
Plug and play for US spec functionality, coding and a tail light harness is required for European spec functionality. Please see ES3136082 or ES3143382.

Easiest bet, probably want to return them and order a set made for the MK7.5. Though you can google wiring diagrams for the pins if you wanted to try and build your own, though someone with experience with the Helix taillights would probably know better.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Return the lights and harness you bought, buy the real mk7.5 dynamic tails and a harness from Zero815. The lights are OEM so you know they're quality and the harness by Zero is proven to work and his support is top notch. You may pay a little more for this setup but in the end it's worth it.

rintinner

Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Return the lights and harness you bought, buy the real mk7.5 dynamic tails and a harness from Zero815.

Thanks, I've PM'd him.

Easiest bet, probably want to return them and order a set made for the MK7.5. Though you can google wiring diagrams for the pins if you wanted to try and build your own, though someone with experience with the Helix taillights would probably know better.

The tricky part is that I could really do with this to be sorted by the 25th because that's when the car is being shipped. In theory I might be able to deal with it on the other end, but would prefer not to take that chance. So, I'm not sure I have time to wait to get new lights shipped from e-acca etc. If anyone does know if/how I could get these Helix lights that I have wired up, I would appreciate it.