GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

littlejoe1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 ID.4 😲
Hello!
I just installed a set of 7.5 Dynamic LEDs with the DAP harness. 2019 NAR GTI Rabbit Edition. I double checked all the wiring and coding they provided, but I'm still running into an issue:

Brake Lights Work, Turn Signals Work...
But I've got no running lights

Any ideas?

Solved my own problem. Last year I disabled the side markers on the stock 7.5 tails. Apparently that needs to be enabled to run 7.5 facelift tails. Re-enabled in VCDS and all is well.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Could you post your current faults?

quicksilvergoat

Could you post your current faults?
This is what I had initially. I found your coding instructions and just got done a little while ago making the changes. So far no more faults.
Is the additional coding that DAP shows at the bottom for R models and 2019 R models necessary? I didn’t see those referenced in your instructions I found.
Thank you

Attachments

• E7EB093A-CFF2-46F6-A17B-1C02A796DD39.png
    E7EB093A-CFF2-46F6-A17B-1C02A796DD39.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 435
  • 01CD8800-C60C-45B4-ABAC-76D30BE00B39.jpeg
    01CD8800-C60C-45B4-ABAC-76D30BE00B39.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 454

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I wouldn’t change anything to:
Leuchte22 = third brake light
Leuchte25 = license plate light
Leuchte26 = rear fog on ROW cars and front amber SML on NAR cars

Keep Leuchte27 / Dimmwert AB27 = 127. It‘s your running lights and even if you change the Dimmwert it doesn’t make it less bright.

quicksilvergoat

I wouldn’t change anything to:
Leuchte22 = third brake light
Leuchte25 = license plate light
Leuchte26 = rear fog on ROW cars and front amber SML on NAR cars

Keep Leuchte27 / Dimmwert AB27 = 127. It‘s your running lights and even if you change the Dimmwert it doesn’t make it less bright.
Thanks again. I changed everything back. I wonder why they called for the changes. I wish I knew their thought process behind it. Maybe just an oversight or misunderstanding on their part as they are a highly reputable company. Dimming everything to 30 seemed odd to begin with. Either way everything seems to be working as it should. Appreciate your help.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Make sure DimmwertAB20 and DimmwertAB21 are set to 127, with 100 some guys reported a brake light flickering when the running lights are on.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If I get the Helix Facelift Dark Cherry LEDs along with this Euro LED Harness, would I be able to utilize any of the one-touch coding options in OBD11? I seem to be reading things going both ways. If not, where can I find the coding steps? Will they come with them? My Google searches aren't turning up specific answers.

I haven't made any changes to the stock lights.

Thanks.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Hey folks, I bought a JBale Mk7 to Mk7.5 dynamic tail light harnesses a couple years ago... Coded per the included instructions and have been running the lights ever since with zero issues...

Until today unfortunately. I had my BCM replaced with the high line version. I got the vehicle back home and implemented the coding changes that were provided but I now have a couple issues, maybe all related.

1) With parking/headlights on the tail lights are off (both inner and outer) and I get dash warnings for left and right front parking lights. This is the first time I've had a dash warning for any lights.

2) When I use either turn signal (or hazards) I get the dynamic signal and also the outer brake light flashing with it (but not the spoiler brake light).

Brake lights and reverse lights work as expected. No wiring changes have been made, the only change is the BCM. I have the following BCM adaptation maps which I'm going to compare:

Original BCM with 7.5 tails working
New BCM after dealer replacement
New BCM after making 7.5 tail changes

Wondering if anybody here has seen this before and has any ideas. Picture of the code change sheet is attached. I went through the coding three times to make sure I didnt mess anything up but I will verify that in my admap as well. The blue writing on the side is my original factory BCM coding. Oddly, some of these values were not the same on my new BCM when I brought it home from the dealer.
1584483145877647965592082443776.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So... I've been looking through/comparing 2 of the BCM adaptation maps of my car, specifically the one with 7.5 tails working and the one with the BCM replaced, prior to making the 7.5 tail changes (using JBale's instructions). I'm about 98% sure my BCM was/is programmed for a car with options I don't have. There are Xenon light and shutter selections, which match the coding changes called out in George Ab's lighting package retrofit thread. Also some of the tail light coding is different from what my car had stock. Several Lasttyp's for front and rear lights don't match. I also found references to a personalization menu (which I noticed is now present on my MIB II screen). Off topic here, but I wonder what settings are saved when you make different selections; it let me choose "person" 1-4 but I didn't continue playing with it. No power seats in my car but if it saves side mirror adjustment and audio settings that would be awesome.

Anyway, one option is to convince my wife to sit down with me and the laptop (Winmerge on a small screen, ugghhh) to go through and make all the adaptations match my original BCM (with working 7.5 tail lights). So many differences that I'll have to connect the battery tender, and buy her something somewhat nice. Or have the dealer go through and do it. I have already paid them and it was going back for them to re-pair my key fobs anyway... I'm just tired of not having my car, driving the Mk4 is not as fun as it used to be. If my car had been ordered with lighting package it would have come with this highline BCM installed. Maybe that's the default programming ?‍

All that being said, I don't need any assistance currently. Will re-visit (or hopefully not) after I get the BCM mapped properly.

Last edited:

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
I am about to purchase a set of OEM mk7.5 euro tails for my NA MK7.

After reading through the thread all I should need is a harness and to code using my ODB11 correct? I know this has been answered a million times but I am reading so many responses in here that it's making me question my purchase. Thanks in advance.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
Zero is a member here right? Can anyone tell me what he/ she charges? Or should I just PM him/ her direct.