GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
sorry for my ignorance but why in NA amber colors are not allowed? I have a Lexus also and it has amber signal lights and in fact all the japanese vehicles came with amber lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Height/thickness requirement of amber colored tail lights, apparently.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry for my ignorance but why in NA amber colors are not allowed? I have a Lexus also and it has amber signal lights and in fact all the japanese vehicles came with amber lights

"The colour of the turn signals on vehicles in Europe is legislated to be amber," says Thomas Tetzlaff, spokesman for Volkswagen Canada. "In North America, there is no such legislation, but there are different regulations about the minimal surface area of the blinkers."

Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glo...hy-you-see-red-on-the-highway/article4629246/

yorchz

gameaud

Ready to race!
Hey guys best place to buy the lights and harness with the least issues? Price doesn't matter.

Heard Jbale doesn't make harness anymore and the audiament one has issues? Anyone have issues from USP or DAP?

yorchz

Hey guys best place to buy the lights and harness with the least issues? Price doesn't matter.

Heard Jbale doesn't make harness anymore and the audiament one has issues? Anyone have issues from USP or DAP?

I ordered the tail lights from E-ACCA and the harness from DAP...for my understanding the DAP harness is based on JBale Harness.

Mine are working with no issues at the moment

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

E-acca/cars245 will get you the best price but they come for Europe so be prepared to wait. Could be as little as 10 days but could go upwards of a month. If price doesn’t really matter you can just get a kit from DAP or USP but will be spending roughly $250 more. Not sure if the tails are in stock with those two though so might end up waiting anyway

Renck

Ready to race!
E-acca/cars245 will get you the best price but they come for Europe so be prepared to wait. Could be as little as 10 days but could go upwards of a month. If price doesn’t really matter you can just get a kit from DAP or USP but will be spending roughly $250 more. Not sure if the tails are in stock with those two though so might end up waiting anyway

I purchased my LED tail lights from e-acca. Order was shipped via FedEx on Thursday, Nov 30th and items arrived at home on Monday, December 4th.

Not too bad IMHO.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I normally order from e-Acca, but wanted to try 245cars.com, so I ordered the Mk7.5 LED's from them - and they were slightly cheaper as well. I ordered on 11/25 and they shipped yesterday 12/8, so kinda slow but they state that they have a 7-10 day delay when you order. My guess is they don't stock them and have to place an order with VW.

I was lucky and was able to get one of the last JBale Mk7.5 harnesses before he went on hiatus.

Renck

Ready to race!
I normally order from e-Acca, but wanted to try 245cars.com, so I ordered the Mk7.5 LED's from them - and they were slightly cheaper as well. I ordered on 11/25 and they shipped yesterday 12/8, so kinda slow but they state that they have a 7-10 day delay when you order. My guess is they don't stock them and have to place an order with VW.

I was lucky and was able to get one of the last JBale Mk7.5 harnesses before he went on hiatus.

Congrats! Did your order your set with fog lights or without?

I was lucky too on getting JBale's harness. My only advice is: make sure you take extra time to insert each wire connector to the right pin number at each connector and do not close the retaining tab until you are 100% everything is correct. I almost mess up one pin as I was looking at the instructions and the connector flipped position, so instead of inserting the wire at pin 1, I almost insert it at pin 5.........:eek:

Just take your time and enjoy!

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I purchased my LED tail lights from e-acca. Order was shipped via FedEx on Thursday, Nov 30th and items arrived at home on Monday, December 4th.

Not too bad IMHO.

Yeah the actual transit time is quick but it depends how long it takes to fulfill the order. I think most people can expect to receive them within 2 weeks of ordering. The wait in the beginning was months but now it is much more reasonable. Currently DAP’s website says 10-14 days to ship so basically the same.

Renck

Ready to race!
Yeah the actual transit time is quick but it depends how long it takes to fulfill the order. I think most people can expect to receive them within 2 weeks of ordering. The wait in the beginning was months but now it is much more reasonable. Currently DAP’s website says 10-14 days to ship so basically the same.

Gotcha! Guess I was lucky as they had the items in stock. Glad I contacted them in advance to confirm availability on the tail lights before placing my order and Natalja @ e-acca was very helpful during the whole ordering process.

gameaud

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help guys. looks like ill be ordering the lights from e-acca or cars245 and the harness from DAP, save about 100-$200. Probably won't install until spring so long shipping time is fine with me.

byong

To any members who are curious about how the NA tail looks like, I have made two gifs with my car and photoshop to show the differences between ROW lowline and NA lowline

EU/ROW low line:

NA low line (Sticks with brake light):

is it possible to code the NA low line instead of the 2 bottom, the 2 outer + 2 inner will blink?

-tia