GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 headlights retrofit to a mk7

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So what would be the way around it? What would we do to overcome the problem? Would it be buying a new set of headlights? Or could I align them up somehow?

they need to be aligned properly at a garage...

there is one trick...park the car somewhere level & flat....steering wheel straight ahead...turn engine on..then turn lights onto dipped beam (not flash)...they should do their "self check dance"....

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
they need to be aligned properly at a garage...

there is one trick...park the car somewhere level & flat....steering wheel straight ahead...turn engine on..then turn lights onto dipped beam (not flash)...they should do their "self check dance"....
You can’t align the full/high beam independent of the dipped beam so garages won’t really be of help. I need to meet someone who knows what they are doing to look into this.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You can’t align the full/high beam independent of the dipped beam so garages won’t really be of help. I need to meet someone who knows what they are doing to look into this.

If on dipped beam the xenons so their self leveling dance & the dipped beam is correct with correct spread from car, then the only thin that could affect the high beam is xenon shutter failure..or not wired up correctly..but that should throw up faults codes...

Or is all this a waste of time & the car has full LED??..which was on MK7.5 Golf....is so then the high beam LEDs have failed....

You need to take to a VW service dept...or back to the person you bought it from, as its NOT an easy fix especially via the web & if you are not DIY orientated...