GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Mk7.5 GTI Burble Tune?

ricola_mk7.5

Anyone know of a burble tune for the Mk7.5 GTIs please? We have no DSG pops in the 2019s which is so disappointing :cry:
I know you're gonna tell me to get a stage 2 but I'd like to keep a factory powertrain specs for reliability.

Thanks!

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
You can get that option from many tuners now - APR has pops n bangs, I think unitronics offers it too And you can also get it from cobb tuners like EQT or Sneekytuned. Those are just some quick examples I’m sure there are a few more

draza74

Passed Driver's Ed
Ride
17 GTI FBO E30
Take my word for it, crackles on a stock exhaust setup is useless.
I ran it for a little bit, the only way to hear it is to have an aggressive crackle tune at very high rpms.
On top of that, you'll plug the cats. Especially on the OEM downpipe.
Just mod the car and forget about the warranty, it's worth it.

..Also there is no way to add crackles without a tune.

ricola_mk7.5

Take my word for it, crackles on a stock exhaust setup is useless.
I ran it for a little bit, the only way to hear it is to have an aggressive crackle tune at very high rpms.
On top of that, you'll plug the cats.
Just mod the car and forget about the warranty, it's worth it.

..Also there is no way to add crackles without a tune.
I would definitely ruin the cat if I ran it 24/7. That's why I wanted to see of I could turn it off so I can use it occasionally till I delete the cat.

I knew I'd need a tune but wanted to see if there's one that doesn't add performance so I can keep reliability in the long run.
Thanks!

ricola_mk7.5

Reliability is inversely related to your right foot.
That's true but I want to enjoy it to the fullest VW made it to be. Which if their engineers are good, is within the limits of all the components.

My other stock Golf TSI needed a turbo swap, out of warranty would have been a grand or more!

ricola_mk7.5

There is no way to make your GTI sound like a Subaru.

If you want better exhaust tone with a stock drivetrain, see the CSS thread or contact Baun Performance.
I've actually gotten the european GTI TCRs muffler and that has already worked wonders. I'm just trying to bring back the DSG pops VW took away for the facelift GTIs.

Wongatron

Passed Driver's Ed
Eqt has the option of burble tune, but it's essentially absent on stock exhaust. Also got the cobb dsg tune and noticed some light dsg farts time to time. Since your exhaust isn't fully stock you might get a bit more. Both tunes are worth getting

Cptnjosh

Ready to race!
Ride
2017 Sport
I have the burbles in Sport from EQT. Sounds good with my CSS muffler. I am not sure how EQT accomplishes this, but does anyone know if this will damage my stock cats?