GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 GSW 1.8T 4Motion Turbo Upgrade Options

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
TPC website is back up. $1750USD for the IS20 hybrid, + approx. $250 for a calibrated wastegate.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca/collections/volkswagen/products/mk7-golf-gti-golf-r

Today I bought a ROW/Euro intake manifold with bolted on ROW MPI rail & harness from a seller in Europe. Thinking I’ll start accumulating parts (980cc Bosch injectors, Walbro 525 LPFP upgrade, DP, BFI Stage 1 mounts, and a TURBO) over the next couple of months to do a turbo upgrade with MPI on UM. Added bonuses of upgraded fueling include reduced carbon buildup and possibility to go full E85...

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
TPC website is back up. $1750USD for the IS20 hybrid, + approx. $250 for a calibrated wastegate.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca/collections/volkswagen/products/mk7-golf-gti-golf-r

Today I bought a ROW/Euro intake manifold with bolted on ROW MPI rail & harness from a seller in Europe. Thinking I’ll start accumulating parts (980cc Bosch injectors, Walbro 525 LPFP upgrade, DP, BFI Stage 1 mounts, and a TURBO) over the next couple of months to do a turbo upgrade with MPI on UM. Added bonuses of upgraded fueling include reduced carbon buildup and possibility to go full E85...

When you're ready to pull the trigger, give us a PM, and we will see what we are able to do for pricing. We are an APR, IE, CTS dealer on top of our own products.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You sir.. have fallen in to a rabbit hole. :eek:

I can't wait to see what you end up with. I'm still debating with myself over sticking with the IS20 and just getting a DP, or getting a L380x and keeping the stock DP. I want more power, but I'd ideally want to keep the stock DP.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks BFI.

@Zumble: I know right!?? The ROW intake manifold was €135 shipped so nbd there, can always sell it if I change my mind. The BlueWater Performance MPI Alltrack is a proof of concept on the 1.8T, and I don’t know about tuning with Maestro, but UM won’t tune any hybrid (even an L380x) without upgraded fueling. If I climb out of the rabbit hole, IS20 option is always there...

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
You sir.. have fallen in to a rabbit hole. :eek:

I can't wait to see what you end up with. I'm still debating with myself over sticking with the IS20 and just getting a DP, or getting a L380x and keeping the stock DP. I want more power, but I'd ideally want to keep the stock DP.

Per Nick@TPC, they might have a ball bearing IS38 coming this fall. Should be more aligned with what we're after. No confirmation on whether or not it'll need a custom tune though due to the faster spool.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Thanks BFI.

@Zumble: I know right!?? The ROW intake manifold was €135 shipped so nbd there, can always sell it if I change my mind. The BlueWater Performance MPI Alltrack is a proof of concept on the 1.8T, and I don’t know about tuning with Maestro, but UM won’t tune any hybrid (even an L380x) without upgraded fueling. If I climb out of the rabbit hole, IS20 option is always there...

Maestro does not have MPI. I'm still waiting for the beta file from December for the car that's about to be sold...

bahnfire

back from the dead. Do you have the part# for the euro intake manifold? I’ve found the number for the 2.0 manifold (06L 133 201 AH), but haven’t been able to confirm if that bolts to the 1.8 or if I need a different part number.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
That's the part number of the ROW manifold I bought, I read it will bolt on to the 1.8 also. Have all the Stage 3 parts in my garage, still waiting on EcuTek to roll out MPI (currently in progress) & FlexFuel (apparently this summer) as an additional tuning option to UM.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
back from the dead. Do you have the part# for the euro intake manifold? I’ve found the number for the 2.0 manifold (06L 133 201 AH), but haven’t been able to confirm if that bolts to the 1.8 or if I need a different part number.
I'll be there soon. 2.0 manifold works

Attachments

• received_3297783900252944.jpeg
    received_3297783900252944.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
DIY-ing the harness to the ECU?
My tuner pulled it all apart. He is sending it to me with instructions on where to pin it. It will be tedious, but worth it. Plus it will look factory and stealth. So I have a stock gti downpipe with the first cat gutted, a factory airbox with some mods done, and then the is20. So when the hood is open, it looks relatively stock. Once this is all worked out on the flex fuel tune, I might pursue an is38 or is20 based hybrid.
Currently I am probably in the 310-320whp range on 93. On 20psi it did 298, and I'm at 24 psi now. My old jb4 and e30 set up was dynoed at 316/361 and 315/363 on two of my friends cars. We all helped each other set it up. I never got to dyno it, but they both did. Two different dynos as well. My dragy times on the tune and 93 are within a tenth of the jb4 e30. More top end pull though. So I would say less torque and more power. I'm hoping it can do 330-340 on is20 and e85

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
@TwinDad I was thinking of going that route but after injectors and adapters and harness wasn't sure it was worth it. Where are you getting injectors and the other wiring harness parts? PR?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
@TwinDad I was thinking of going that route but after injectors and adapters and harness wasn't sure it was worth it. Where are you getting injectors and the other wiring harness parts? PR?
Ebay.de for most. Finding stuff in the Euro eBay is easier and cheaper. Manifold was under $100, injectors were like $70. He found the harness with the fuel rail for like $70 I believe. Same way how I found my 2.0 hpfp and vacuum box for the upgrade on that. I think I paid $96 shipped for both together