GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Golf R REMUS Non-Resonated Valved Exhaust + Integrated Engineering Downpipe Sound Clips

Evolved

Car(s)
124 Abarth 6MT
Wanted to share some videos I recorded of my exhaust set-up. I know before I purchase an exhaust, I spend hours on YouTube listening to so many different clips. So hopefully this can help others as well! Tried my best to get some quality sound clips put together. If you enjoy the video please consider Subscribing. Trying to grow the channel so any help is much appreciated. Like/Comment...you know...feed the YouTube algorithm what it wants :) lol I got my Remus exhaust last year during Black Friday, and with it approaching again, it would be a great opportunity for anyone interested to scoop one up at a great price. I personally got mine direct from Mike at Remus USA.

I have a REMUS exhaust with non-resonated midpipe, and an Integrated Engineering Downpipe (as well as all necessary bolt-ons). Car is Unitronic Stage 2 with Overrun File (pops & bangs). Also have the AWE Remote to fully control the valves. Video below is a mix of Drive-Bys, Launches and Revs:

I may be biased, but personally I think this set-up sounds AMAZING! Even though it's the non-resonated version, it is still very quiet with the valves closed (especially inside). Once you open them...she screams. Of course if you're looking to have it even quieter, then you can opt for the resonated mid-pipe. In total it's basically 4 different sound modes between pops/bangs being on/off, and valves being opened/closed. The AWE Remote (or similar) is a must to me if you want full control of the sound as it's a very big difference from the valves being opened to closed. I have a few others videos below that show all the sound modes more in-depth. Hope you guys enjoy!
🚗
💨
💥

For anyone wondering, the tips are the 102mm Angled Straight Cut. These are actually the cheapest tip option from Remus. Personally I loved the look of these the most so it was a bonus that they were also the cheapest option.

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
🙌👏 thank you so much for posting. This is the exact setup I’ve been looking to get. I ordered the ie down pipe, but I was torn between the resonated pipe versus non res for Remus exhaust. I’m definitely gonna order resonated now. Your car sounds so amazing! And look beautiful, love that color so much.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Hi Evolved,
Im also in NJ with a de res REMUS. I’m concerned about emissions testing so I’m hesitant to install a DP. Whats your plan when the time comes?
Your car sounds great, I’d like to hear it in person if possible.
Cheers,
Rick in Hopat

Evolved

Car(s)
124 Abarth 6MT
🙌👏 thank you so much for posting. This is the exact setup I’ve been looking to get. I ordered the ie down pipe, but I was torn between the resonated pipe versus non res for Remus exhaust. I’m definitely gonna order resonated now. Your car sounds so amazing! And look beautiful, love that color so much.
Thank you! Glad the vids helped :)
My sister got a ticket for "loud exhaust" in NJ. I think yours qualifies. :)
haha i've been pretty lucky in jersey with that. Before this I had a supercharged E92 M3 which was louder, and before that an Evo which was even louder than both 😂 The Golf R definitely spoiled me though with the valved system and i'm definitely going to be getting a valved system on my next car. It's nice to be able be loud when you want, but then go to a more tame sport sound as well.
Hi Evolved,
Im also in NJ with a de res REMUS. I’m concerned about emissions testing so I’m hesitant to install a DP. Whats your plan when the time comes?
Your car sounds great, I’d like to hear it in person if possible.
Cheers,
Rick in Hopat
Hey Rick! I'm not too far from Lake Hopatcong and have some family there, but unfortunately I actually sold the car recently, or I would have gladly met up with you so you could hear it. I LOVED the Golf R and will miss the hell out of it. I was just moving some money around and with the used car market so high it was the wise decision. Plus I really really missed driving a manual (the R was my first automatic in over 10yrs). As far as emissions, I didn't have to deal with it while I owned it, but my downpipe was catted and it did not throw a CEL so I would think it would have passed fine.