GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 front bumper redesign complaint

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
In the market for a new car, and of course mk7/7.5 is on the shortlist.
My only complaint about the mk7.5 is this stupid crease that they've designed on the front bumper.

I've went and photoshopped away the crease on a few photos and I think it looks a ton better.
48253770166_f134636a27_b.jpg

48253770166_f134636a27_b edited.jpg

47576444751_3a757d474a_b.jpg

47576444751_3a757d474a_b edited.jpg

PSX_20190216_224016 edited.jpg

PSX_20190216_224016.jpg

NZbFzD6.jpg

NZbFzD6 edited.jpg

Edited-1-1068x712.jpeg

Edited Edited-1-1068x712.jpeg

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
It took me way longer than I care to admit to find the crease in question lol. I have a pre-facelift, so I'm not as intimately familiar with all the lines on the 7.5, but I can't say this one ever stood out to me in any way (good or bad).

That said, your adjusted version does have a slightly cleaner look overall. But I don't think it's better or worse either way; just different. Far from being a deal breaker.

Go for a GTI! You will not regret it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It took me way longer than I care to admit to find the crease in question lol. I have a pre-facelift, so I'm not as intimately familiar with all the lines on the 7.5, but I can't say this one ever stood out to me in any way (good or bad).

That said, your adjusted version does have a slightly cleaner look overall. But I don't think it's better or worse either way; just different. Far from being a deal breaker.

Go for a GTI! You will not regret it.
I still have no idea what crease is dude exactly talking about. I was staring at his pics while staring at my car. Now my car thinks I’m crazy

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I still have no idea what crease is dude exactly talking about. I was staring at his pics while staring at my car. Now my car thinks I’m crazy

Lmao! Its the small crease above the top of the black fog light surround. Really inconsequential imo lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It's just my opinion, you don't have to like or dislike the crease.
I just put this out there because I was curious how it would look like.
i think is looks really good with it edited out... if i ever do paint work on my front bumper i will definitely fill and blend that crease first.

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
Never really noticed it before, and yeah, your edit does look a bit better, but I have no issue with the crease.

Oh, and that first pic is mine ;)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i like the crease. ties in with the sharp lines on the hood and doors. you can always buy a mk7 vs mk7.5 if you dont like the sharper angles

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Yes doing away with the "crease" makes the bumper much cleaner. But never bothered me on my MK7.5.
Any MK7/7.5 front bumper cover look 100% better than the MK8 with the huge dog bone looking opening
and squished looking headlamps.

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
And the fog lamps two large Xs do all auto makers say to the designers. We want you to style the ugliest car you
can, Betting it will sell? Or is VW attempting to do away with the Golf and GTI line and just build suvs?