GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 Euro tail lights not working properly

zh7575

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi everyone,

First post here but really in need of some help- recently purchased a set of OEM Mk7.5 Euro spec tail lights to retrofit onto my 2017 Mk7 GTI- after I did all the wiring and coding I'm getting two issues. First, the rear fog light is always on with the brake lights, I don't have the euro selector switch so I don't really care about the rear fog at all. Secondly, the turn signals just blink together as opposed to doing the sweep like theyre suppose to. If it matters I went off of USP's coding instructions.

Really appreciate any help!!

2019_GTI_SE

Passed Driver's Ed
Did u ever code the 3rd (center) brake lights to come on when your hazard lights are turned on? Or did u ever code that 3rd brake light to come on when you pop open your hatch? That could be it.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Which harness?

2019_GTI_SE

Passed Driver's Ed
I had no idea the OEM 7.5 tails fit the mk7. I thought they were not interchangeable.
If they fit, then does that mean mk7 euro tails fit the NAR mk7.5 tails?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I had no idea the OEM 7.5 tails fit the mk7. I thought they were not interchangeable.
If they fit, then does that mean mk7 euro tails fit the NAR mk7.5 tails?
The tail lights physically fit, but the correct wiring harness and coding is required, depending on which lights you’re installing in which car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am with Nype on this one, which harness did you install ?

zh7575

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Appreciate the replies everyone, got into contact with zero815 and he sent me a coding list and now they work perfectly! Sweeping mirror signals may be up next.....

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Appreciate the replies everyone, got into contact with zero815 and he sent me a coding list and now they work perfectly! Sweeping mirror signals may be up next.....
Nice. If you’re using a harness from @ZERO815 you can’t go wrong. He knows this stuff in and out.

zh7575

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Actually wasn’t his harness but I wish I had gone that direction, very appreciative of him helping me though!!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, he is super helpful. And in my experience, he makes the best harnesses out there. Especially considering his quick response to questions, excellent instructions with drawings, etc..

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yes, he is super helpful. And in my experience, he makes the best harnesses out there. Especially considering his quick response to questions, excellent instructions with drawings, etc..

What does he charge for a harness ?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Mine was custom so not relevant. Which was another nice thing about dealing with him. Best to contact him directly.