GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Amiroquai

Now that we've got the FL tails retrofit figured out (minus some fault code :rolleyes:), what's the consensus with regards to the MK 7.5 digital cockpit?

I've read about about a shop in the UK that has performed several of these retrofits but I can't find any information about the retrofit as a DIY.

Anyone know of any part numbers or links with additional information? The cost of the pats and complexity of the installation/coding may make me pass up on this upgrade but I am still curious to know.:D

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Someone just did it here in the US. They are from the NY/NJ area. They didn't really post too many details though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I’ve seen it as well. The guy who did it is a tech at VW in NJ. He said he was going to do some more testing and then share details possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Someone from the US did it last year and posted about it on the international FB group.

But it wasn't MK7.5, they used the cluster from a passat (I think). At the time there was no trim, so it looked a bit unfinished. But since the MK7.5 is out now I'm guessing the trim pieces are readily available.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
There have been 10+ retrofits of the virtual cockpit into mk7 that i know of. 3 or so alone have been done by one guy in england. vwretrofitsource or something is the place.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Someone from the US did it last year and posted about it on the international FB group.

But it wasn't MK7.5, they used the cluster from a passat (I think). At the time there was no trim, so it looked a bit unfinished. But since the MK7.5 is out now I'm guessing the trim pieces are readily available.

The clusters are virtually identical just differing trim pieces. Most swaps that have been done are the passat cluster

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I would guess that the people that have done the conversion...would be holding it close to their chest. You know...so that they would be the only ones with the mod...or if they are a business...people would have to go to them for the conversion.

Not interested in the conversion at the moment, but may be something I'd consider much later on down the line.

SRoads

Ready to race!
I have heard from some people that these clusters don't go dim enough at night. You might want to wait and sit in one at night before committing to an expensive retrofit.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Interesting, i would have thought its a huge PITA to take the dash apart, but i guess if you really want the digital dash. Anyone know how it works in really cold weather?

SRoads

Ready to race!
Interesting, i would have thought its a huge PITA to take the dash apart, but i guess if you really want the digital dash. Anyone know how it works in really cold weather?

I assume it would have to work down to -40 deg per industry testing standards