GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Does it matter if I Use a 791A or 791B cluster? Seller said the only difference is manufacturing date.

And do you guys have any experience with a cockpit off Aliexpress? not the knockoff, Im talking about Chinese OEM.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does it matter if I Use a 791A or 791B cluster? Seller said the only difference is manufacturing date.

And do you guys have any experience with a cockpit off Aliexpress? not the knockoff, Im talking about Chinese OEM.
Yes the manufacture date is different. The B units were manufactured later... So they have later software/hardware revision. There is no guarantee an A unit can be upgraded to a B, if you care about that.

If you have a later Mk7 the B unit is the better choice. Can't help with regard to the Chinese OEM units.

mannymoda

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack Execli
The install I just completed was with a B unit from China via AliExpress. Dealer had no issues coding it for Imo/CP.

From what I understand, if you have a mk7.5, the B version is the way to go. Price difference is not worth going for the earlier HW/SW.

Specifically, the part I purchased was 5G1 920 791B

Last edited:

mannymoda

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack Execli
@mannymoda Are you positive these faults were but present (even intermittently) before the AID?

If so... go through your AID long coding (with experimental) and then through adaptations as well, noting anything you see that has to do with ACC and Emergency Stopping... Almost certainly something is coded as not installed or not active.

I am positive that these faults were not present prior to the AID install.

I will go through the coding again. Must be a rogue bit somewhere in there :)

bobloblawGTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Erase it from your mind, as I have! You shouldn't be touching that anyway since the power symbol still rotates. Be civilized and use the steering wheel controls.
Or do what I did which is replace the volume knob on your screen with the tuner knob (sans symbol) from a different screen!