GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
What do you mean by pre authorization? How can i do that? Isnt it as simple as installing the cluster, removing cp, adapting immo and coding?
No.

New rules came into force a few weeks ago. All used clusters looking to be programmed must now receive preauthorisation from VAG.

ODIS will prompt the user to fill out a form and send it via email to VAG head office. Once reviewed and approved by a human (can take a while - up to 48 hours) ODIS will permit the change like normal.

If VAG disagree with what you're doing and deny the request, IMMO cannot be programmed.

Only authorised repairers with legit ODIS access can now program used clusters. The new process stops all of the people using China accounts.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
No.

New rules came into force a few weeks ago. All used clusters looking to be programmed must now receive preauthorisation from VAG.

ODIS will prompt the user to fill out a form and send it via email to VAG head office. Once reviewed and approved by a human (can take a while - up to 48 hours) ODIS will permit the change like normal.

If VAG disagree with what you're doing and deny the request, IMMO cannot be programmed.

Only authorised repairers with legit ODIS access can now program used clusters. The new process stops all of the people using China accounts.
Why would an authorized vag shop need to fill out that form?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No.

That's wild. Is it only clusters, or other things like MIB units and whatnot?

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI there are OTIS workarounds you can use...... it basically creates a spoof OTIS proxy server at your localhost and your car connects to it for auth instead of centrally. There was a guy selling the how-to and cables/software on a FB forum (he was UK based IIRC) for doing things like adjusting the ride height dynamic DCC cal, which also connects to OTIS. Would presume it would also snap to anything else that requires an OTIS link.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
FYI there are OTIS workarounds you can use...... it basically creates a spoof OTIS proxy server at your localhost and your car connects to it for auth instead of centrally. There was a guy selling the how-to and cables/software on a FB forum (he was UK based IIRC) for doing things like adjusting the ride height dynamic DCC cal, which also connects to OTIS. Would presume it would also snap to anything else that requires an OTIS link.
ODIS*

That wouldn't help with programming IMMO.

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
ODIS*

That wouldn't help with programming IMMO.
yes thanks for the correction; he had a complete solution AFAIK...... pardon me if I'm butchering the description, but as I said he had it fully solved for re-calibrating ride height. Not sure how this would be different? (I am not a mechanic).

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
yes thanks for the correction; he had a complete solution AFAIK...... pardon me if I'm butchering the description, but as I said he had it fully solved for re-calibrating ride height. Not sure how this would be different? (I am not a mechanic).
Only the VAG mothership has the keys to program IMMO. No amount of MITMing can program IMMO unless you've got said keys.

DCC calibration shouldn't require any online connection to the mothership. ODIS as a software package is available online, as are clone VAS6154s.
What's no longer available (unless you're a legitimate authorised independent repairer) is the ability to program IMMO on a used cluster.

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
Only the VAG mothership has the keys to program IMMO. No amount of MITMing can program IMMO unless you've got said keys.

DCC calibration shouldn't require any online connection to the mothership. ODIS as a software package is available online, as are clone VAS6154s.
What's no longer available (unless you're a legitimate authorised independent repairer) is the ability to program IMMO on a used cluster.
Wish I could connect you as there is technical expertise above my pay grade here

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
I must have been mistaken, been a few months since I did mine.

Have you done all of these:

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps ---> On
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-call_picture ---> On
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most ---> On
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_compression_mode ---> H264
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_transmission_mode ---> MOST_streaming
Hello Guys
I bought a Golf GTE MK7.5 1 month ago, and it came with the AID but no navi.
So i bought one from lithuania, and they coded it for me.
Now when i connected everything and everything works with the unit like it should.
I went and bought the MOST cable.
I have done like all the settings ive found on internet regarding the codings for the Navi to show in the AID.
Im getting the navi menu and it shows me the mavi description where to turn.
But not the maps.
I did the settings shown up there.
I got the button on the Screen to "cast" it to the AID but it is grayed and cand press it.
Maybe ive forgotten to change something.
Would be nice if someone can guide me.
thank you all
best regards
Florent
20211204_095720.jpg
20211203_221628.jpg
20211203_221637.jpg

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I bought a Golf GTE MK7.5 1 month ago, and it came with the AID but no navi.
So i bought one from lithuania, and they coded it for me.
Now when i connected everything and everything works with the unit like it should.
I went and bought the MOST cable.
I have done like all the settings ive found on internet regarding the codings for the Navi to show in the AID.
Im getting the navi menu and it shows me the mavi description where to turn.
But not the maps.
I did the settings shown up there.
I got the button on the Screen to "cast" it to the AID but it is grayed and cand press it.
Maybe ive forgotten to change something.
Would be nice if someone can guide me.
thank you all
best regards
Florent
View attachment 231954View attachment 231955View attachment 231956
Turn off switch maps. you have Discover Pro.