GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Will updating mib2 firmware brick the digital display since there was non factory coding done to the mib2? component protection was not disabled in my case, it was activated via vas5054a dongle and odis
No, they aren't connected... in that way. Updating either of them will not impact the other. Although I don't recommend updating the digital display... for reasons.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
No, they aren't connected... in that way. Updating either of them will not impact the other. Although I don't recommend updating the digital display... for reasons.
I don't even know how you would update the display. I'm just talking about updating the mib via sdcard/usb drive from the infotainment. sometimes audio doesn't work and the workaround is to swap sources and back. or phone carplay disconnects. wondering if MST2_US_VW_P0867D->P0879D fixed it

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't even know how you would update the display. I'm just talking about updating the mib via sdcard/usb drive from the infotainment. sometimes audio doesn't work and the workaround is to swap sources and back. or phone carplay disconnects. wondering if MST2_US_VW_P0867D->P0879D fixed it
No worries at all when updating. The digital display has no way of "knowing" you updated anything, MIB or anything else.

As far as updating the display, it takes about 8 hours, done with ODIS, would highly recommend doing it on an MQB test bench, assuming you ignore the equally strong recommendation to leave well enough alone...
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7965887

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
No worries at all when updating. The digital display has no way of "knowing" you updated anything, MIB or anything else.

As far as updating the display, it takes about 8 hours, done with ODIS, would highly recommend doing it on an MQB test bench, assuming you ignore the equally strong recommendation to leave well enough alone...
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7965887
Ok, I was wondering since the guide I read/watched from mr-fix on here and youtube on how to update the mib said it will wipe any customizations and patches installed. Not sure if it would affect coding for the digital dash.