GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 AFR Headlight Adjustment With OBD11

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Well done! I'm still looking on how to remove the NAR restrictions coding on our lights without throwing fault codes. On the MK7 is was fairly simple, but on these MK7.5 units not so much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well done! I'm still looking on how to remove the NAR restrictions coding on our lights without throwing fault codes. On the MK7 is was fairly simple, but on these MK7.5 units not so much.

Yeah, that I haven't gotten into yet.... Yet

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bumping this up as I literally just had to do this after putting coilovers on and almost driving blind at night one night.....totally forgot to adjust headlight level. Also, reminder for 7.5, our up/down adjustment screw is the only one we see at the top of the headlights.

alexdrod

Car(s)
None
Hello! Sorry to revive this very old thread but I'm having an issue with my headlights.

My car was sandwiched last August and we were convinced it was dead. Turns out it looked much worse than it was and the car was fixed and has been driving great since. However, I have a problem with my high-beams since getting it back from the shop. I would take it back but they aren't super close to me so I was hoping I could adjust them myself.

My low beams are fine and seem level and adjusted. However, my high beams are completely wonky. The driver's side is pointing down. Is there a way to only adjust the high beams or do I need to go through the process outlined in this thread?

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Hello! Sorry to revive this very old thread but I'm having an issue with my headlights.

My car was sandwiched last August and we were convinced it was dead. Turns out it looked much worse than it was and the car was fixed and has been driving great since. However, I have a problem with my high-beams since getting it back from the shop. I would take it back but they aren't super close to me so I was hoping I could adjust them myself.

My low beams are fine and seem level and adjusted. However, my high beams are completely wonky. The driver's side is pointing down. Is there a way to only adjust the high beams or do I need to go through the process outlined in this thread?
If you have the lighting package on the MK7.5 then that could mean that the headlight is twisted. it seems like the light is not pointing in the exact same direction, which would make sense if the low beam was in the correct spot but the high beam isn't. I am guessing the side with the high beam LED was pushed in and the side with the low beam remained almost unmoved. I there is probably a broken clip/bent bracket that holds the front portion of the light on.

We had a Mazda 3 that was repaired and I had to readjust the headlight manually, its still not perfect.

It might be just as easy as manually resetting the height, or you may have to totally calibrate it (height and direction L/R) , so the light fixture is sitting where it was before the accident.

GiX

Hi sorry for bringing this up again, but i have the active/Matrix headlight, do i have to do some more calibration of these or can i just do these steps and adjust them a little bit higher?

corradokidg60

Car(s)
19 GTI, 90 Corrado

I, too, have been watching forums for anything MK7.5 related for enhancing the LED headlamps for those of us in NAR. I came across this link where someone has been trying settings to see what works. I followed them for my 2019 Autobahn GTI using VCDS and had no issues except I did not have Headlight Regulation > not enabled so I didn't mess with anything resembling that. This may be labeled Headlamp range control, activated for Byte 10, Bit 0 in VCDS? I'll need to check it out.

I did have the issue with basic settings being lost and with VCDS resetting is a 2-step process, just with 4B instead of 55.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk7-5-nar-market-afs-tweaks.384304/post-7658339

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_MQB_Headlight_Regulation

Last edited:

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I think OBD eleven updated this process.

Today I Followed @swcrow steps "Basic Headlight Settings" I clicked and held Green check. It Auto adjusted my Driver side Headlight higher then it was, my Passenger side didn't register? I tried to reclick Green check but kept saying process completed. My passenger side was noticably lower. So I Manually adjusted it, then I went to "Acknowledge Basic Setting" click and held, nothing happened kept saying process completed. I logged out OBD eleven and started the car, the headlights stayed Aligned. Never had an error code or anything.

I had my car On but not Started dont know if it matters. In my tiny Garage, car was about 4 feet from the wall when I did the process and it auto adjusted driver side, I tried to match the passenger side to driver.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Update…..got the pro and now on iOS….. these instructions were for the old OBDeleven…. The newer version I’m still figuring out…. There’s no green check anymore

dbaaj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6sp DBP
Update…..got the pro and now on iOS….. these instructions were for the old OBDeleven…. The newer version I’m still figuring out…. There’s no green check anymore
I am in the same predicament. I was looking for the "green check mark" and now its "slide to write". Do I wait for the "write" operation to finish or do I tap "back" and go into acknowledgement?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I am in the same predicament. I was looking for the "green check mark" and now its "slide to write". Do I wait for the "write" operation to finish or do I tap "back" and go into acknowledgement?
Basic slide to start, adjust, slide to stop from what I’m doing