GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 12V Issue

rudelz

Car(s)
MK7 GTI Clubsport
Hi Folks,

Just got a 2nd hand GTI Clubsport last week and previous owner had issues with both 12V supplies. I have tried several things around this forum, but I havn't come across my exact problem and wondered if I am overlooking anything.

Car came with the fuse in the 12V works with ignition position, it doesnt work
I moved the fuse to the 12V works all the time position, it works fine
Ideally I would like to get the 12V working just on the ignition only, is there another fuse anywhere I am missing.

If there is no other fuse, the only thing I can think off is that there is something loose behind the fuse pin that makes it work with the ignition, as at the other end, it would be highly unlikely that the 12V at the front and at the back both had dodgy connections, and overlooking that, they both work when I take the ignition requirement out by moving the fuse.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. (Attached Glove Box Fuses, - 15 Rear Wiper missing in photo) - Cheers
Glove.jpg

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Have you tried checking if there is any power to the switched live connection in the fuse box. I am assuming the middle connection must go to the accessory socket and the top one is permanent live. The bottom one must be switched power when the ignition is on. If there is no power in the bottom one then either the connector has pushed through the housing (should be easy to see that) or there is a wire break somewhere.

rudelz

Car(s)
MK7 GTI Clubsport
I just moved house and in the chaos yet to find my multimeter but that will be my next step. Its super weird, cheers for the ideas.