GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 1.4 MQ250 gearbox

Cxl

Car(s)
VW GOLF 2013 1.4 TSI
Hi guys,

I've recently got my car tuned by RTMG, and its running 234bhp. My clutch has done well the past 4 years of having it, but its started slipping recently. I was wondering if anyone knows if the
Volkswagen Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI (Trans.MQ250) Black Diamond Stage 2 Clutch Kit will fit in the Mk7?

Last edited:

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Both gearboxes should be 02S type with clutch 228mm diameter and 28 teeth but I can't give further details on compatability.

Just a curiosity – how does it possible to get more than 80+hp versus stock specs?...although I know that stock VW kinder petrol engines usually has much higher real power when compared to specs.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just a curiosity – how does it possible to get more than 80+hp versus stock specs?...

He's bought the RTMG tunning kit without a clutch upgrade as they only do one for a DSG kit.

For the manual gearbox I'm surprised that RTMG doesn't offer a clutch upgrade considering its a stage3 kit!!...🤦‍♂️

https://r-tmg.co.uk/product/vag-1-4-tsi-ea211-stage3-240hp

QUOTE:-
Complete Stage 3 Kit for 1.4 TSI EA211 240HP (maximum)

The kit includes everything you need for Stage 3 EXCEPT:
1) Full exhaust and downpipe (Recommended: 70mm with free-flowing cat or decat for race use).

2) ECU Remap. For this service, you will have to contact an RTMG Performance dealer.

3) Custom Piping For Mounting the FMIC

The Kit includes:

RTMG Direct Carbon Cold Air Intake

Rtmg Relief Valve Kit 1.4 TSI EA211

NGK PZKER7B8EGS Spark Plugs

RTMG Hybrid Turbocharger EA211RS

Optional Front Mount Intercooler & Block Off Watercooler Plate (Aftermarket all-aluminum intercooler 40mm thick – needed custom piping)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
One other thing...BHP doesn't really kill clutches...its torque that does that...

Your engine I presume is either the 140PS or 150PS...so 138BHP or 147BHP....& both with a maximum of 250Nm or 184lbft. from factory

Now you don't state what your torque level is now...but my Revo stage 1-B is at circa 312Nm or 230lbft.....& yours will be way more...

Remember to the best of our knowledge the gearbox is "safe" rated with the car fully laden at 250Nm....

Now in the USA the MQ250 has been factory fitted to 1.8lt engines which people have tuned to 2lt GTI & more power levels & have uprated the clutch etc......& the MQ250 does eventually "let go"...even then...flywheel I think goes first??..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have a 2017 Golf wagon with the 1.4l / 150 CZDA engine running Shell 98+ fuel and fitted with a K&N air filter. No mods and no clutch slippage in the 132k km so far, but when the time comes, I'm planning on upgrading to one of these: https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...formance-clutch-vw-golf-7-14-tsi-3000970101-s

Of course, I also want to add the Revo stage 1 tune and a Wavetrac LSD, but it just hasn't happened yet.

I have that same clutch kit bookmarked if & when my clutch "goes".......

I'd love a Wavetrack as well......... :unsure:

........oh feck!!........would you stop putting ideas in my head FFS!!............🤬:ROFLMAO: