GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 vs. MK7 (stock vs. stock)

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
This is WELL overdue.

Let's see it....or hear the results already!

I'm a former GTI MK6 owner...ready to pull the trigger on another new MK6.

Show me something that will make me want to wait for the MK7.

Aesthetically..... the MK7 is too similar to the MK6 to make me pass up a killer deal on a new leftover 2013 MK6

Wolksvagen

Banned
Where are you located? If the mk7 isn't out yet I assume you are in the States?!?

Only you can decide this one, if it were me I would wait for the mk7 GTI, it really does look so much more than the mk6 IMO.

As an owner of a mk7 GT, all I can offer is that it really is a great car packed with features and options.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Actually the Mk7 in the flesh is IMO quite different. The Mk7 is lower and wider and a bit longer, giving it a really meaningful stance...

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk6 is just a rehash of the mk5 and you can tell, especially inside. Mk7 is completely different and takes the golf up another level entirely. It's as far away from a focus or astra than it's ever been.

enkil

Ready to race!
Tested the mk6 Gti before getting the mk7. Indeed the difference is quite obvious. Interior much spacious even with a lower roofline. Insulation is top notch. Its pretty damn quite inside the cabin. U don't notice the speed until u look at the speedo. :)

Luddite

Ready to race!
I'll admit I've never driven a mark 6, but have two friends with one. To sit in it feels like a superior quality hatch.
The mark 7 feels like a small executive car.
The quality bar has been raised. It's undeniable.