GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Tuning issues with KO4 and E30. maybe fueling?? (logs included... plz help)

tinyexo1

Car(s)
2013 mk6 GTI DSG
First off the car is a MK6 sorry to highjack the mk7 forum but i get no replies on the mk6 side and maybe someone that upgraded cars will see this.

OK. So... If you look through my post history you can see I've been chasing some problems for a while. I can say now I think I have a ok idea of what's going on.
and yes I have looked at every damn forum post related and then another few hundred.

My car has.
CTS intake
(Brand New only 500 miles) HPA KO4
(also new) ECS tuning catted downpipe
R8 Coils
New pcv
ngk plugs cant remember but within 10k miles

Meth Kit 1 nozzle in tb pipe (when the tunes were made it wasn't on the car and in all the logs it is turned off except for when the log has it in the name)

(lots of random sensors replaced. if you ask i will answer)

Tune #1 93OCT 11 Revisions
Tune #2 E30 Blend 29 Revisions
Tunes are from different companies

THE ISSUE??
My car had a CTS ko4 and a ebay catless downpipe on it for 1.5years until last week. my pcv died blowing my rear main and my 10k miles CTS KO4 seals. Ouch. Now the car is back together with a New HPA ko4 and catted downpipe.
These issues have been happening on the old setup and the new.

93 OCT problems: the car pulls the throttle back a little bit from what I can see. overall never made the power it should have before and the load was always "low". now on new setup the power still isn't there but it seems smoother due to lower boost. (which i believe is from a softer wastegate I am having both tuners fix it). throttle issue also remains.

E30 Problems. Oh boy here we go. Everything listed above but worse (literally). the Boost drops off hard I believe to the car pulling back the tune for other reasons most likely related to fueling. (all these logs are from the same drive only difference is the tank of gas i filled up halfway). At part throttle when accelerating most repeatable in 6th on the highway, the car will build boost and then buck and stutter. you will here the turbo blow off rapidly and will continue until you put your foot down more or let off the gas.

My thoughts are. on e30 car is probably not getting fuel somewhere i am trying a new hpfp out of a parts car tomorrow. for the stuttering i think maybe a crankshaft position sensor. have seen a couple threads close to what fits the issue.
on 93 i assume it will be fixed when e30 is fixed.

LOGS: look at the log name for what it is
93 oct
e30 part 1
E30 stuttering and bucking
E30 Meth on. not tuned for the meth its just extra
I'll try and put some things ive replaced and tested below.. some 2 or 3 times
maf
map
n75
diverter
turbo
coils
plugs
lpfp
hpfp
fuel filter
maybe more

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I used to have a Mk6 Gti and Hpas ko4 kit is garbage alot of people had issues with the waste gate on their ko4. I do know the Mk6s were not really friendly when it came to eblends atleast when using a Ko4. Eblends on Ko4s usually caused a pressure drop in the fuel rail unless you had additional fueling to support eblends + a proper tune for it.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
One thing that is an issue is injector size noticable on e30 with no wmi, injection window gets to tight and your ecu lets it lean out.