GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 R32 Rear brake swap, Mk7

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Has anyone else completed this upgrade? Curious if anyone has run into any problems fitting the MK5 R32 rear calipers on our MK7's.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Diopena1

Car(s)
2016 GTI
Nice find! My set came out of a junkyard and in turn had some issues with corrosion I was able to address, but something to definitely keep an eye on and service regularly.

Bruh…

You ain’t kidding these parts have been discontinued, I lucked out with the set I got, as they’re clean rebuilds (unpainted), yes they’re coming from Great Britain…. BUT they’re coming!
I did a lot of footwork, Autozone, and Oreilly’s have the calipers on their page as “special order”…. But good luck finding them!, I think they only have a passenger side one available online (yes only 1 in their warehouse!): https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...liper&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false
Obviously these are for a Mk6 Golf R…. Same rotor setup, etc.

As for the carrier options, I was also looking at the Audi S4 brackets. I think that the standard caliper slide bolts may also fit and work… and I think the A8 might have similar brackets?…

those stoptechs look tough…. But I’m most likely going the Macan Brembo route, unless I for out more money and change the aluminum knuckles out for the MK6 steel ones, and then slap some Brembo 17 or 18z’s 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t have a YouTube channel, but, once I have all the parts will gladly post a video as I believe in sharing info with others so we all grow and learn.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Bruh…

You ain’t kidding these parts have been discontinued, I lucked out with the set I got, as they’re clean rebuilds (unpainted), yes they’re coming from Great Britain…. BUT they’re coming!
I did a lot of footwork, Autozone, and Oreilly’s have the calipers on their page as “special order”…. But good luck finding them!, I think they only have a passenger side one available online (yes only 1 in their warehouse!): https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...liper&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false
Obviously these are for a Mk6 Golf R…. Same rotor setup, etc.

As for the carrier options, I was also looking at the Audi S4 brackets. I think that the standard caliper slide bolts may also fit and work… and I think the A8 might have similar brackets?…

those stoptechs look tough…. But I’m most likely going the Macan Brembo route, unless I for out more money and change the aluminum knuckles out for the MK6 steel ones, and then slap some Brembo 17 or 18z’s 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t have a YouTube channel, but, once I have all the parts will gladly post a video as I believe in sharing info with others so we all grow and learn.

I got a killer deal on the ST40, $1500 brand new as part of a clearance deal. Originally was looking for TTRS, but Macan is the current go to for affordable upgrade OEM+.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
With this retrofit did anything need to be changed over regarding the brake lines? I am about to pull the trigger on this, just wanted to make sure I bought everything required.