GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK 8 Release Information

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Sandman keeping it real. All those extra feature are useless for me ! Again I'm speaking for myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
So I have 2 years till my car takes another significant drop in value.

I wonder if they're still sandbagging their output numbers, but I'm leaning towards those gains being more modest than they appear.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Interesting article on the next generation. Lighter, more power (250HP GTI, 350 Golf R) digital cockpit. We will be waiting until 2019 or 2020.

If it's anything like the last 20 years, the USA won't get it until 2 years after ROW anyway. Your value is safe for a while.

Yep.
EU intro arrival was MY2013/US intro was MY2015.
~ 5-6 year life cycle will bring the next full redesign in 2018-19 for EU & 2020-21 for US.

What I had estimated myself when I purchased my 2015 & took out a 5 year loan @ 0.9% aka almost free money LOL.
Not going to be an early adopter next time though.
Missed out on dieselgate pricing, PP, Backup cam & Sport trim.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Missed out on dieselgate pricing, PP, Backup cam & Sport trim.

Yeah man, I bought a used GTI 2 weeks before VW re released the leftover 2015 MK7 TDI models that were sitting on lots when Dieselgate broke. I paid 1K less for a 2 year old car with 17K miles on it and 43K miles of warranty, than a 2 year old car with <100 miles on it and 162K miles of warranty, and better gas mileage.

Coulda shoulda woulda.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Definitely not ready for the digital cockpit. Really hope they at least give the option of getting analog but sounds like they are all in on digital.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
I paid 1K less for a 2 year old car with 17K miles on it and 43K miles of warranty, than a 2 year old car with <100 miles on it and 162K miles of warranty, and better gas mileage.

Time machine also says you would have made out with a King's ransom too on that TDI if you sold it back to VW.

Info was right there in front of us. argghhhh

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I hate the idea of a fully digital cockpit. Does not remotely impress me. I like the gauges and needles!

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
I hate the idea of a fully digital cockpit. Does not remotely impress me. I like the gauges and needles!

+2 here too.

Too distracting. I find a lot of time on my Wife's Audi, I look more towards the center stack's bigger screen vs. looking into the dash's smaller screen for info.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I like the digital speedo in the MFD. I don't think I could go back to not having that. Then again, I'm more interested in the tach anyhow, and that I do like analog.

Technology is cool and all, but cars are loading up on it way too much. For owners that like to keep their vehicles more than 5 years, I can only imagine how expensive all this techie stuff will be to replace/repair down the line. These huge touchscreens and digital dashboards can't be cheap.

A low to medium spec'd MK7 is a damn reasonable car in terms of long term ownership costs. It still has Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (arguably the biggest advancement in infotainment usability in the last 7+ years), but not tons of expensive digital extras.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Time machine also says you would have made out with a King's ransom too on that TDI if you sold it back to VW.

Info was right there in front of us. argghhhh

I traded my TDI Golf in for my R roughly 6 weeks before the scandal broke :( I got 12k trade-in vs the 22k I would have gotten on buyback.