GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7.5 Low Beam (Dipped) problem

bertj

Ready to race!
Mk.7.5 1.4 tsi (UK) Golf. Both low beam lights (halogen) out. Fuse OK so assumed both bulbs had blown. Changed the bulbs but still out. Checked all four bulbs (old and new); found they were all OK. I'm completely mystified as all other lights etc. are fine. No modifications have been done to the car. I can't take the car to a dealer as they're all closed because of corona virus.
I'd be very grateful for ideas as, of course, I can't use the car at night.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Mk.7.5 1.4 tsi (UK) Golf. Both low beam lights (halogen) out. Fuse OK so assumed both bulbs had blown. Changed the bulbs but still out. Checked all four bulbs (old and new); found they were all OK. I'm completely mystified as all other lights etc. are fine. No modifications have been done to the car. I can't take the car to a dealer as they're all closed because of corona virus.
I'd be very grateful for ideas as, of course, I can't use the car at night.

Are the lights switched on?

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Put a volt meter on the leads that connect the car to the housing and again on the wires to the bulb to see if they're getting power. It may help isolate the problem to the car bcm or the headlight housings themselves. But if both are out at the same time, I'd suspect not the housings.