Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
And the bracket yes...damn rip off.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
A lot of work there IMO for little space gain. My plastic box holds much more.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I'm sure.....small box is a couple of $. You can buy one and fill it with $1's for cost of OEM box.

#littleballer

MKNSM

My 2019 GTI SE didn't come with a liner under the spare tire. Just a few stick on pads around the spare tire cutout. Rest was body color metal. Bought a used MK7 liner on ebay.

OEM Part Number: 5GM 863 007 CA9

Did this help make the car any quieter?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
For the money it's probably more worthwhile to install some sound deadening mats in the rear hatch area instead of carpet - or both if you wish.

MKNSM

For the money it's probably more worthwhile to install some sound deadening mats in the rear hatch area instead of carpet - or both if you wish.

Thanks I'll add some deadening material soon and was curious if the carpet helped any and since cblock406 says it doesnt, ima pass on adding the carpet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
long as they dont cheap out on build quality, chassis/ suspension, engine/drivetrain we're good lol

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I've added sound deadening from the rear seats back and insulating the spare tire well made the most noticeable difference

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Just picked up a CPO 2019 autobahn GTI (U.S.). Missing the trunk tire liner, instead they put like 4 little self adhesive pillow pouches from the factory, not sure what thats all about, to keep the compact spare more comfortable? Also not sure if I have the threaded tow hook in the little spare kit, I have not pulled out the whole foam lined spare kit on the left side yet. Also missing hood damper/liner. Fabric battery cover is missing the top flap. The absence of the backlights on the overhead console lights is kind of annoying, don't know if I'll spend $100 to install the backlit panel since I'll probably get used to feeling for the switches in the dark. The sunroof switch is the only backlit switch along with the Car-Net buttons. Did not come with felt lined glove box like my MK6 Golf TDI had, and no lock, I might upgrade those? Car came with 9 speaker Fender. I'm coming from a MK6 2017 Jetta SEL so most of the stuff on this 2019 GTI are quite an upgrade, the best feature is the resume button on the adaptive cruise control from a complete stop-- on my MK6 2017 Jetta SEL the adaptive cruise would shut off at a complete stop and I'd have to manually accelerate to at least 15 miles per hour to click on the resume button which made it suck in stop and go traffic.
With a little coding that adaptive cruise will take off from a stop without hitting any buttons at all!

Shorty Long

Did this install require any trim removal or special tools?

My 2019 GTI SE didn't come with a liner under the spare tire. Just a few stick on pads around the spare tire cutout. Rest was body color metal. Bought a used MK7 liner on ebay.

OEM Part Number: 5GM 863 007 CA9

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
If you guys think MK7.5 cost cutting is bad, check out the MK7 GLI :). Hard plastics, hard plastics everywhere.