GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misha in a GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
After I saw him praise the JRZ coilovers so much, thought, why not.. Another option. Ummm, so they're $7k.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
But they're amazing coilovers

I don't know if they're 7k amazing. Probably get the same performance from $1700 redshift coilovers.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
After I saw him praise the JRZ coilovers so much, thought, why not.. Another option. Ummm, so they're $7k.

I had the exact same reaction when I watched this for the first time. Should have known external reservoirs = 💰💵💰

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't know if they're 7k amazing. Probably get the same performance from $1700 redshift coilovers.
adjustability aside, external reservoirs are a whole different world. your shock oil doesn't perform as well once it's hot, and the reservoirs are like running a big deep oil pan, lots of extra heat capacity. they also run at much lower internal pressure so you get a nicer ride. they're especially big in the offroad world due to the extra piston travel you get as well. and all that extra oil is all sprung weight, too.

have been in a few cars with jrz rs pro / ohlins ttx (also in the 7k+ range) and it's something you have to experience to appreciate. I would not personally spend that much on suspension for a golf but i'm sure misha's reaction in that video was genuine.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
adjustability aside, external reservoirs are a whole different world. your shock oil doesn't perform as well once it's hot, and the reservoirs are like running a big deep oil pan, lots of extra heat capacity. they also run at much lower internal pressure so you get a nicer ride. they're especially big in the offroad world due to the extra piston travel you get as well. and all that extra oil is all sprung weight, too.

have been in a few cars with jrz rs pro / ohlins ttx (also in the 7k+ range) and it's something you have to experience to appreciate. I would not personally spend that much on suspension for a golf but i'm sure misha's reaction in that video was genuine.
Whenever I see remote reservoir suspension, I pay a little more attention and simultaneously know that I can’t afford it.

Yeah I love that he’s always so genuine. He drives hard, makes mistakes and seemingly not many excuses, from what I’ve seen.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Do they make eibach multipro r2 coilovers for mk7? At the time I bought mine they were one of the only options with external reservoirs other than jrz. I've been thrilled with them and the external reservoirs make it so easy to make quick adjustments
They only distribute their MQB coilovers in the EU. Was a pain to dig up info. And they only offer the pro-street versions, which I'm not sure even offers adjustable damping. You got a hell of a deal.

There's a few other off the shelf options with reservoirs now, MCS, Moton, AST, KW Clubsport. I think you can get external MCS, AST and KW in the 4-5k range.