GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfiring under WOT Basketcase

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Recently decided to start tuning on e30 coming from finishing my 91 tune and the car would just misfire under wot and actually send it into limp mode. Checked codes and got misfire codes on all cylinders and a hide cylinder fault. Everyone that I talked to said it was spark plugs/coil packs so I replaced them with Brisk br12s at 0.020 and rs3 coils same problem still occurs. Decided to switch back to the 91 file and fill up the rest of my tank with it and the misfires seemed to stop. Can be seen in logs that the afr's randomly jump up under wot I believe the first is the e30 and second is 91. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this (hpfp?) (injectors?) and what I can do to fix it. All help is appreciated.

https://datazap.me/u/avgmk7/e30-vs-91-map?log=0&data=7-11

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
One can see in AP info who tuned it.

Your HPFP volume went down from 5000rpm on.. I dunno if it’s supposed to but it coincides with your afr being high and problems you’re experiencing. Did you do any work on or around the hpfp? If so, usually inspect your work first.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
One can see in AP info who tuned it.

Your HPFP volume went down from 5000rpm on.. I dunno if it’s supposed to but it coincides with your afr being high and problems you’re experiencing. Did you do any work on or around the hpfp? If so, usually inspect your work first.

I saw this as well don't know if its my hpfp getting maxed out as Ive seen some people have had problems running e30 on stock fueling so was thinking if autotech internals would fix this?

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
I saw this as well don't know if its my hpfp getting maxed out as Ive seen some people have had problems running e30 on stock fueling so was thinking if autotech internals would fix this?
Consult w your tuner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I had my car dyno tuned the fuel would shut off at 5000 RPM and the tuner said that I needed the HPFP. After installing it the problem persisted. I can't explain it but using the Access Port the tuner isn't supposed to request more then 95% of the fuel capacity. Sorry I can't explain it better.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
When I had my car dyno tuned the fuel would shut off at 5000 RPM and the tuner said that I needed the HPFP. After installing it the problem persisted. I can't explain it but using the Access Port the tuner isn't supposed to request more then 95% of the fuel capacity. Sorry I can't explain it better.

Okay good to know thank you for letting me know about this.